Is Facebook popular in your country?

• Replies:19
Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Feb 19, 2014, 5:03:55 PM via Website

I just read that 10 million Canadians use Facebook on mobile daily!

"There are 19 million Canadians who access Facebook at least once a month and 14 million who log in every single day", says Jordan Banks, the head of Facebook Canada.

Wow! that is a lot of Canadians accessing Facebook!

"We're seeing people check their phones 20 times a day for Facebook -- status updates and news feed posts and checking in -- so it's really become like a Canadian reflex, if you will, to access your phone, whether you're at a bus stop or a hockey game or sitting at home watching TV."

If you look at Internet usage in Canada, 1 out of every 5 minutes is spent on Facebook (according to measurement firm comScore).

I am Canadian (but living in Germany) & spend most of the day on Facebook (maybe a total of 6 Hours). I don't think it matters where you live though. How about you guys? Where are you located and how popular do you think Facebook is in your country?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 25, 2014, 10:54:45 AM via Website

Craziness of the Facebook has just gone to extreme extent, if i talk about myself now whenever I woke up in the morning first i check Facebook for any updates like status, messages etc....... and i know most of us have accepted this habit of checking Facebook at every instance. So, I'd say craze of Facebook among the age group of 15-40yrs individuals are like....... I've been recently looking at the article of the Guardian which states " According to researchers presently Facebook has spread like an infectious disease". :grin:

pluglesstech
  • Forum posts: 67

Mar 9, 2014, 7:29:45 PM via Website

Yes, Facebook is very popular in my country. Now a day most of the mobile operators offer facebooking at a very low cost.

Miguel Angel Rojo
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 8:54:32 AM via App

Very , very popular here in United States of America..

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 11, 2014, 10:13:59 AM via Website

In Canada, where I am originally from, Facebook is still super popular. People still post about what they had for breakfast and other every day things....it's still engrained in people's brains ''must post on Facebook now'', sort of like a robot or someone possessed by an alien. I am also into Facebook to communicate with friends and family who live abroad, but not for posting things about my daily routine that no one cares about. :wink:

In Germany, I think that people are more scepticle.

— modified on Mar 11, 2014, 10:14:11 AM

I2e Consulting
  • Forum posts: 15

Apr 8, 2014, 8:17:47 AM via Website

As per my experience, Facebook is extremely popular. Instead of talking to each other on phone, people like to follow each other's activity on Facebook.
People still like to upload their pics, as soon as they enter a happening restaurant or travel to some place.

carlsmileee
  • Forum posts: 19

May 3, 2014, 11:36:42 AM via Website

Still the most popular social network in my country, people use it share life with photos, articles, news, etc. Some one like use Group to share something about the topic. For me, I use it everyday, like above I mentioned. And I notice that Facebook works hard to improvement UX, and layout get more beautiful and simple than before.

Michael Mendoza
  • Forum posts: 14

Jun 18, 2014, 10:00:19 AM via Website

facebook is a haven in my country. we’re also called the selfie capital of the world.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 18, 2014, 10:05:12 AM via Website

Michael Mendoza

facebook is a haven in my country. we’re also called the selfie capital of the world.

Haha which country is this??

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 18, 2014, 2:31:31 PM via Website

Is it just me (or my FB friends), but is Facebook getting more and more boring by the day? I get the same people in my feeds, more and more advertising and less and less interesting stuff to look at with an ever-shrinking space to actually see my stuff for all the crowded Facebook things on every side.

I know everyone else still loves Facebook, but the first thing I check when I wake up is Google+ these days because it's more ''outward-looking'' than Facebook, which tends to be all me! me! me! I appreciate content shared by people that think it might be relevant to my interests rather than just an endless broadcast of the minutiae of each person's existence.

Am I crazy? Is that all Facebook was ever for in the first place?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 18, 2014, 2:45:10 PM via Website

Facebook, has 100 million users in India

the world's largest social media company, has crossed 100 million active users in India the second country, after the United States, in which it has done so.
i am tired of Facebook after my heart broke <3

— modified on Jun 18, 2014, 2:46:04 PM

Ready To Help You.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Nov 3, 2015, 2:01:08 PM via Website

Yes It is very popular..

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Emma Miller
  • Forum posts: 4

May 24, 2016, 9:33:54 AM via Website

This is facebook user from China... You know that our goverment forbbid the Facebook access, so we cannot use it except we use VPN...

Svet
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 19, 2016, 12:56:58 PM via Website

It is still very popular in Austria

Ali Jain
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 7, 2017, 6:25:32 AM via Website

Yes facebook is very popular in my country.

— modified on Feb 7, 2017, 6:25:59 AM

Alex Meier
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 9, 2017, 10:37:55 AM via Website

Several years ago FB just crushed its competitor in Poland (nasz Klasa) and now it's very popular.

Ruby Mariah
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 29, 2017, 2:46:58 PM via Website

Yes, Facebook is the most common social media in the whole world. According to google 87% of population in Brazil using Facebook daily madly.

kiwilady
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 30, 2017, 10:04:56 AM via Website

Using facebook everyday is my habit, and I like that. It helps me get updates on new information from my friends and read a lot of interesting stuff. That is also what people do in our country. ;) (laughing)

NonostanteGames
  • Forum posts: 34

Aug 30, 2017, 6:38:43 PM via Website

Yeah, facebook is practically installed in almost every phone where it's not forbidden.

Corrie Frami
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 26, 2021, 6:56:09 PM via Website

Of course! Isn't Facebook popular somewhere?