What's your favorite music streaming service?

• Replies:8
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jan 29, 2014, 4:47:56 PM via Website

Hey guys!

At AndroidPIT we spend the day listening to music as we fill the website full content. Most of us use Spotifiy, some Stereomood, some YouTube playlists. What music service do you use to listen to music? Have you checked out Dr. Dre's new streaming service called Beats Music?

Let us know!

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jan 29, 2014, 4:57:41 PM via Website

I use SoundCloud. Can't say its the best though... for streaming music it is ok. If you upload music though, be prepared for notifications saying you have copied other music (even though you didn't).

— modified on Jan 29, 2014, 5:14:11 PM

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jan 29, 2014, 4:59:32 PM via Website

I use either stereomood or spotifiy web player. Love both of them. Stereomood is good because you discover a lot of music based on how you are feeling and Spotifiy, because you have suggestions, radio for particular genres as well as listen to all the music you love. Obviously both have apps, though the free ones do have their restrictions and contain ads.

— modified on Jan 29, 2014, 4:59:58 PM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jan 29, 2014, 5:19:06 PM via Website

I actually never really stream music in ''that'' sense. I listen to stuff on YouTube all the time and listen to the playlists on the Beatguide app all the time (it's an app that's linked to all of Berlin's clubs so I can listen to whatever is being played right now without lining up in the snow and paying 15 Euro entry. Plus, it works for plenty of other cities AND it is a gig guide too).

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Chad_Higgins
  • Forum posts: 41

Jan 31, 2014, 8:20:24 PM via Website

I Love SLACKER radio. To me it has it all.

barleyguy
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 1, 2014, 5:12:49 AM via Website

My favorite is Pandora, for the right balance between content and sound quality.

I love the interface in Slacker, especially the sliders for tailoring the variety, but the sound quality isn't very good. I can hear artifacts in the high frequencies, so much so that I get a negative reaction.

I was also a Mog subscriber for a couple of months, which sounds great, but found that I listened to the same stuff a lot. Pandora is always helping me learn about new music.

Yes, I'm one of those freaky audiophile types, so YMMV. I have custom upgraded Zu Audio speakers in my living room, an optical DAC, and a Music Hall power amp.

rob d.
  • Forum posts: 35

Feb 1, 2014, 8:43:13 PM via Website

SoundCloud
MixCloud
YouTube
Google Play Music

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 649

Feb 3, 2014, 11:42:27 PM via Website

I don't stream music very often, but when I do, I use Google Play Music. I got my whole library uploaded there.

rob d.

Arjun Paliath
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 25, 2015, 6:27:41 PM via Website

There is no play musing in India, but I use Grooveshark which is free on the Web version with Adds.

Its really nice with a superb collection of songs...!!!