Internal memory issue

• Replies:5
Nik Burin
  • Forum posts: 53

Jan 16, 2014, 9:08:12 PM via App

Hi,recently i have reflashed cm 10.2 after trying out MIUI and now i have an issue with phone memory,i have a 16gb version of s4,before flashing cm10.2 i wiped data/cache and now it looks like 9.13gb total memory 1.2gb free space,and the is nothing on the phone memory apart from 35 apps,200mb taken by app cache,200mb downloads and that's it,where did the other 7gb go? and of course the massive 5gb taken by CyanogenMod?? any solutions or ideas how to fix this?

Nik Burin

Jan 17, 2014, 9:27:53 PM via App

hmm not a single sugqestion

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 17, 2014, 9:42:18 PM via Website

Hi Nik, I'm not overly familiar with Samsung devices so I keep my input to a minimum where they're the issue. I do know there is/was an issue with ClockwordMod recovery, a quote from the CM forum:
1There is a bug with CWM that causes your file system to get duplicated - sometimes more than once - when you flash 10.x over 10. Get the latest CWM or TWRP, factory reset, and install 10.2 clean.
Don't know if you're aware of this or not. Was the Miui rom stock based or CM based?

— modified on Jan 17, 2014, 9:43:13 PM

Sinkster

Nik Burin

Jan 17, 2014, 11:00:38 PM via App

thanks for the reply,yeah i have tried that,it didn't help unfortunately, miui was a stock based rom from miui website,not the community websites,either way i have wiped the phone clean before installing fresh cm 10.2

Nik Burin

Jan 23, 2014, 7:56:16 PM via App

sinkster
Hi Nik, I'm not overly familiar with Samsung devices so I keep my input to a minimum where they're the issue. I do know there is/was an issue with ClockwordMod recovery, a quote from the CM forum:
1There is a bug with CWM that causes your file system to get duplicated - sometimes more than once - when you flash 10.x over 10. Get the latest CWM or TWRP, factory reset, and install 10.2 clean.
Don't know if you're aware of this or not. Was the Miui rom stock based or CM based?
I have found a solution,please note the above method does not work,you must boot into recovery,go to mount and storage,reset system,cache,data and format SD card,then install from zip,you will have to drop zip on SD card again as it was formatted, so install from zip,flash gapps and voila,no duplication,everything sorted

jovita gomez
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 5, 2017, 9:06:15 PM via Website

good day my dear.
how was your day i think fine.
my dear my name is miss jovita gomez royal princess.i have important something private on my mind to tell you in my private email address/ jovitagomeprincess@hotmail.com /so if you can allow me.then contact me direct to my private email address/ jovitagomeprincess@hotmail.com /i have important something private to tell you in my private email address.bellow is my private email.

/ jovitagomeprincess@hotmail.com /
im waiting in my email.