Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — RAW files and fixedStroke and sprites

• Replies:3
Claudia V
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 2, 2014, 7:54:39 PM via Website

I have no idea what any of that is! I've connected my note2 to my PC and before I import those files, I'd like to know what they are and if I should import them. Does anyone have any idea? Thank you.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 2, 2014, 9:22:03 PM via Website

RAW files are unprocessed image files, they're sometimes called digital negatives as they contain the raw image file without any optimization or compression. The other two seem to be a Samsung peculiarity, probably some kind of thumbnail img.

Sinkster

Claudia V

Claudia V
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 2, 2014, 10:19:49 PM via Website

Should I transfer those files as well? Or can I delete/not transfer them? I'd like to clean up my SD card.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 2, 2014, 11:23:19 PM via Website

I'm not really sure about the 'fixedstrokexxxxxxxx' and sprite files, I'd imagine they were to do with the gallery, but keep the RAW files, they tend to be quite handy. If you have the time use a file explorer to check the sizes of these files. if they're particularly small, say 12-50kb)then they're thumbnails for the gallery. You can delete them but the system will just recreate them, normally in a separate folder though so maybe some update from sammy will fix it. Try viewing the file by adding '.png' at the end and see if they're low resolution, or if the file names bear any similarity to any pictures you have. Ultimately you can just copy them to your pc and see how and when the system recreates them.

Sinkster