Installed Kit Kat on a Galaxy S2 - now have multiple headaches

• Replies:2
Yosef Kaner
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 22, 2013, 9:24:30 AM via Website

B"H

I installed Kit Kat on a Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and immediately had problems as a result. Google apps keep crashing, the battery thing does not work (it tells me my battery is -141098% charged). Bottom line, I want to install a previous version of CM or go back to a stock mod.

However:
1. Odin does not "see" the phone.
2. Recovery does not "see" any of the directories that the zip files are stored in.
3. Sideloading does not work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 22, 2013, 1:00:23 PM via Website

I'm not familiar with samsung phones or odin, but a quick question.

What firmware did you come from? If you were on ICS(4.0 - 4.0.3) then the recovery problem could be how the o/s handles the memory card. From JellyBean onwards the storage could be on storage/0 or storage/emulated. Also, if you're using mobile odin it's not incompatible with 4.4+.

Sinkster

Yosef Kaner
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 22, 2013, 2:29:27 PM via Website

It was running Jelly Bean until yesterday (4.2). And I was planning to use Odin to unroot it and take it back to the latest stock ROM from Samsung (4.1 something) except for the fact that Odin cannot see this phone. It could see our other one (we have 2, one is my wife's), with which I had the same problem, but I was able to unroot and restore that one to a stock ROM.