Video colors mixed up on whatsapp

• Replies:14
Fatma D.
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 10, 2013, 3:14:08 PM via Website

Hello, he is my problem. I have a Galaxy S4 Zoom, I make videos with it, they appear normal in the gallery but as soon as I share them on Whatsapp their colors get mixed up, not negative but the red becomes blue, blue becomes red and all other colors appear blue but in different tints.The video are like that when I watch the via Whatsapp and they appear that way to the people who receive them (Galaxy and Iphone). The problem only occurs with videos. Do you have solutions, have you yourself ever faced this problem? Thanks for your help.

Ikram Abid

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Dec 11, 2013, 4:41:16 PM via Website

That's seriously weird @Fatma! If it's a problem isolated to WhatsApp, and to one kind of media in WhatsApp in particular, then it sounds like a reinstall of the app might work? Do you have the most current version? i would suggest doing a backup of your conversations (WhatsApp does it every day at 4pm automatically too) and the uninstalling and reinstalling the app, then let us know if that's solved the problem. It's obviously something wrong with the app itself if your friends are also receiving them with screwy colors. I assume if you watch the videos anywhere else the colors are normal?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Ikram Abid
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 24, 2014, 10:48:19 AM via Website

Hi. I am facing the exact same problem with the latest version of whatsapp. When my wife sends some video through whatsapp, it shows wrong colors on my phone But when i copy that same video to my computer and watch it there its alright, there is not tint or hue problem on computer. So my guess is that there is something wrong with android os but i am still not sure about it. An expert can find the problem.

Rashiqah Razlan

Martijn H.

Mar 10, 2014, 11:40:51 PM via Website

hey I had de same problem but when i reset my camera setting the problem was over succes-_-

Rema Pereira

Mar 18, 2014, 12:46:33 PM via Website

just go to camera settings in video mode select medium option for video quality....ol the videos henceforth shall go normal no mixed colors yeahhh.....WORKS FOR ME.LEMME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR U TOO:-)

Ikram Abid

Mar 23, 2014, 6:20:42 PM via Website

Rema Pereira
just go to camera settings in video mode select medium option for video quality....ol the videos henceforth shall go normal no mixed colors yeahhh.....WORKS FOR ME.LEMME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR U TOO:-)

this worked for me. thanks Rema. I chose video quality = High . it was set to FINE before that.

clearing app data does not solve this problem at but deactivates the whatsapp account. so don't clear app data of whats app or camera app.

— modified on Mar 23, 2014, 6:21:27 PM

Rema Pereira

Mar 23, 2014, 8:19:43 PM via Website

Ikram Abid
Rema Pereira

this worked for me. thanks Rema. I chose video quality = High . it was set to FINE before that.

clearing app data does not solve this problem at but deactivates the whatsapp account. so don't clear app data of whats app or camera app.

great to know :-) cheers to happy times

drfirdaus

Mar 6, 2015, 12:49:38 PM via Website

I have had Lenovo A328 beforebefore and had the same issue.during uploadupload red and green frames separated.hence I used to fwd vids from my wife's mobile galaxy grand (Samsung) to me and fwd that clip to others. I can't upload Bt fwding had no issues.I uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp twice but couldn't succeed.
Now I have oneplus one and I have similar issue here. Here instead of separate frames I find broken red-green lines in form of stripes . I think this is the issue of video encoding.
Please help me out ..anybody?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 6, 2015, 2:14:30 PM via Website

Well @drfirdaus, I am not exactly understanding what red and green lines you are referring onto !! :? Is it possible for you to post the screenshot of the same you are encountering with ?????

What else you can try doing now is head over to the settings>application manager>swipe left to all> Look out for Whatsapp tap over it and can try clearing the cache and the data stored by the whatsapp !!

See if that helps you with the problem you are encountering. :)

drfirdaus

Mar 6, 2015, 2:35:41 PM via Website

This is the result

Rishabh Kankaria

Apr 4, 2015, 6:45:54 PM via Website

I have a similar issue while sending videos.
When I view it in the gallery its perfectly fine but when i send it on what's app it gets all green and blurry

Zaroon Shah

Mar 17, 2016, 6:16:15 AM via Website

I have the same problem. i have tried too much but failed. if anybody have the solution of that problem please inform me.

Mary Richardson

May 8, 2021, 10:00:03 PM via Website

Well, I would say try clearing the data stored by the device, you need to goto the device manager in order to clear all the data and the cache stored by the application and Watch the Video Status Finder Site For More Help.

— modified on May 8, 2021, 10:03:26 PM

Charlene Katz

Jul 16, 2021, 9:20:38 AM via Website

It shows wrong tones on My telephone But when I duplicate that equivalent video to my PC and watch it there its okay, there isn't color or shade issue on PC For Videostatusfinder.com