Huawei Ascend P6 — Sync facebook contact problem

• Replies:14
Giorgi
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 17, 2013, 1:10:41 AM via Website

Hi,

Great to see one of the first P6 forums. Now that I actually own a device, I think could share a couple of my concerns:

- The main problem that I am experiencing is related to apps (and services) acquiring access to Contacts. Namely, Viber takes ages trying to sync with the contacts but without any success, in other words I am unable to use Viber. Honestly I don't know if this is unique to P6 or a common issue with Android phones, but that's the case.
A similar problem occurs with the handsfree bluetooth device in my car which, after successful pairing, tries to load the phonebook, but eventually fails. These two circumstances make me feel that this could be some sort of a problem with Jelly Bean 4.2.2, although I am not sure.

- As for the device itself, I would make two critical comments: the battery is pathetic if you use the phone (which you are supposed to) and THIS THING IS WARMING UP to a ridiculous level, which is somewhat a scary thing! Otherwise all works fine, as far as I am concerned.

I will be happy to hear any solutions to the problem of accessing the contacts.
Cheers.

— modified on Oct 7, 2013, 5:06:48 PM by moderator

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 17, 2013, 9:18:46 AM via Website

Hi Giorgi, this is an old fix for the Bluetooth data issue, so it may not work if there is a genuine problem with 4.2.2, but have you tried disconnecting Bluetooth after pairing with your car, then turning it back on, making contact and clicking yes to the access request on your P6? This should bump the information transfer.

You might also have to get all your contact details on the SIM for it to work and you need to click the 'don't ask me again' box or you'll get it for every contact in your list. If neither of these work let me know and I'll have a look around for any problems there may be with 4.2.2 regarding Bluetooth contact sharing on the P6. I know the Galaxy Nexus had this same problem but not sure about P6 yet. As for Viber, it could be the same problem, try moving all contacts to SIM and then to phone if that doesn't work.

And Peter, there's no official word on any 4.3 updates for any Android devices as yet. There's predictions galore, but I don't think it would help for me to make another one.

— modified on Oct 7, 2013, 4:45:49 PM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Giorgi

Jul 17, 2013, 6:19:30 PM via Website

Kris,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Sadly, none of your suggestions have helped. I think it looks like a general glitch of 4.2.2 rather that a P6 phone itself, however we have to bear in mind that other android users (Samsung, etc.) with the same 4.2.2 are not complaining about the Viber connectivity. I really have two options here: either to put my sim card back to iphone 5 or try to resolve these issues, but the web is not helpful at the moment.
Please let me know if you have other thoughts, like rooting the phone or any other ways and I thank you in advance.
Cheers.
Giorgi

— modified on Oct 7, 2013, 4:45:49 PM by moderator

Giorgi

Jul 17, 2013, 6:26:46 PM via Website

In the meantime, I have found yet another (minor) problem with P6. I have been trying to connect to a wifi device (a kind of a gadget) which supports 802.11 a/b/g standards. My good old iphone 5 finds and connects to the device instantly, however P6 is even unable to find it in the list of available wifi networks.

.... actually dug deeper into a problem to find out that Android does not support Ad Hoc networks, which my gadget device actually is. Well, one step closer back to iphone.

Kris Carlon

Jul 18, 2013, 2:46:35 PM via Website

Ok, I think the next step is to turn off Android Beam and see if that works. Beam uses Bluetooth to transmit, so that could be causing the problem. I also came across a few more complaints about Viber potentially being the problem, so you could try uninstalling that and see how you go, then install fresh and see if the problem persists. Try a few combinations (if you can be bothered!) and see how you go. At this stage with the easy fixes tried I think it's either a Viber issue or a Beam issue. 4.2.2 does seem to generally have some Bluetooth problems though, so with any luck when Google (more than likely) announce 4.3 on July 24th (take note Paul!) this problem will be resolved. You may not have to go back to your iPhone just yet!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Giorgi

Jul 18, 2013, 6:48:32 PM via Website

Thanks again for your suggestions. No, there is no such thing as beam on this phone, it is probably due to Huawei's re-touch of the 4.2.2, that option is simply non-existant here. Oh, I have tried various scenarios on Viber front, probably 8-10 installations.... Nevermind, I think I can wait another week for 4.3 with a hope that things go better. Is there noone in the world to actually have this phone like me and share thoughts?! How come it's only two persons discussing! :)

Giorgi

Jul 30, 2013, 5:19:33 PM via Website

Hi everyone,

The forum seems to be warming up, good news. Actually I am coming in with good news too. Today I have found a firmware update for my P6 on Huawei website and naturally I have upgraded. I have not noticed many changes just yet, but for the time being I have been able to install Viber as it would be expected - normal! :) Certainly they must have sorted out the permissions problem which was blocking Viber syncing with phone contacts. So one problem down. Also, I am hoping that my car bluetooth will now be able access (sync) with my contacts. Will soon check and keep you posted. Cheers

Kris Carlon

Jul 30, 2013, 5:38:40 PM via Website

That's great news about the Viber sync issue Giorgi. Did you also download the update for Viber today? I meant to post that Huawei link for the P6 update in here a while ago (I posted it somewhere on AndroidPIT!), so I'm glad you got it and it was useful. For anyone else who hasn't updated their P6, here is the link:
http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/index.htm
Do let us know what you think of it once you've had a chance to play around a little. And I'll be very keep to hear if the car sync problem is solved too!

Ellie Williams
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 7:59:42 PM via Website

Hello!

I've only just purchased my Ascend P6 today, but after only using it for 10 minutes, I've found that none of my contacts on my SIM card have been transferred into my contacts list. I did go onto the 'Manage contacts' menu and selected 'Copy from SIM card', but none of my contacts are shown on the list, only the several that I have added today!
All contacts on my previous phone were saved onto the SIM card by default, so I don't understand why they aren't appearing!

I would appreciate any help and advice you can give me towards obtaining my contacts from my SIM card, as I've run out of ideas in how to retrieve them! Thank you very much!

Kris Carlon

Aug 19, 2013, 10:41:37 AM via Website

Hi Ellie, did you also have your contacts synced to your Google account? Because you could download your contact list that way? (That's always a good option in case your phone gets stolen or you have SIM card issues). If you don't have your contacts synced to Google then try taking the SIM card out and putting it back in your old phone to ensure the SIM card is not the problem, then try again in the P6. If that doesn't work you could go back into your old device, sync all your contacts with Google and then get them on yor P6 that way.

Geoland

Sep 2, 2013, 10:09:15 PM via Website

Hi,
I have a problem with sync my facebook contact to the phone.
I go to contact, make sync with facebook account, go to choose only contact form facebook and nothing appears!!

Another problem with camera,
I want to tap on screen to take foto.
I go to configuration and select touch to capture.
I take picture, ok.
but when i go out from app camera and reenter, the touch to capture is no more selected.
I have to selected each time i want to take picture

Regards
JCM

Marek Tresek

Sep 3, 2013, 5:48:34 PM via Website

Hi there. thanks for setting up this forum.

I bought Huawei ascend p6 for my wife a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be very good device.

I just wasnt able to sync any facebook info to her phone. for example i have sansung galaxy s4 and in my contact list i have also my facebook contact and also in my calendar i can see all my facebook events such as birthday etc.

but after trying everything possible regarding to facebook sync i can seem to be cussesfull with hauwei ascend. contact list doesnt show facebook vontacts even though i have facebook account linked and synced. and none of my calendar apps will show me option of adding facebook account in it.

does anybody experience the same? or even better does anyone know how to solve this issue?

thanks a lot in advance. Marek

Ahmet Can

Nov 17, 2013, 1:30:21 PM via Website

Hey everyone,

I have the same problem about Facebook here. Normally the profile pics of my friends would appear on the contacts list, and I would see those images when I call them, text them, etc. But only on this Huawei P6, I see nothing just as the other users say.

So it has been about 10 days since you have bought one for your office. Any solutions yet?

Meddy
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 12, 2014, 6:18:06 PM via Website

Hi Kris.

I have P6 on Kitkat 4.4.2, UI 2.3, build b634. My main problem is that the phone tend to get very hot and looses all contacts. I will be able to use all the other features like facebook and other but when making or receiving a call, the contacts do not show. When I check the google account it shows it is syncing the contacts from my gmail account. it seems like there is a background process which makes the phone very hot and also draining the battery very fast.

Kindly assist.