battery wont charge over 88%

• Replies:17
glenn bengowski
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 10:25:56 AM via Website

hi all
my galaxy s 3 wont charge no more then 88% for some reason started to do that,tried two different chargers and a car charger and still same result...anyone else had this

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 15, 2012, 3:51:50 PM via Website

glenn bengowski
hi all
my galaxy s 3 wont charge no more then 88% for some reason started to do that,tried two different chargers and a car charger and still same result...anyone else had this

Thats odd. Try this:

Discharge the battery completely until the phone shuts off. Plug in the cable and then let it charge while the phone is off (best to do at night). Leave it there for at least 4 hours. Then power it on and check if it fully charged.

none none

Aug 29, 2012, 10:45:44 AM via Website

Hi,

Odd or not I have exactly the same problem and I also have GS3. It just doesnt pass 88%. I have also tried 2 different chargers.

sasha
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 11, 2012, 2:26:52 PM via Website

This is happening to my phone too..(brand new s3) .found it extreamly odd...its been doing it for about 2 weeks but i just havent given it much thought but now im proper noticing the 88% each time... i left over night....still 88% freaky! how do i fix this or do i need to go and complain and get a new phone/ battery...
i want answers as to why this happend....is it a dodgy battery or a bug/ virus??? or a common problem...can it affect my phone in any way...is my phone retarded or a 'special' phone ..special needs that is. can this possess any risk to my phone.? what else could this affect? coz doesnt power saving come on after a certain %...oh i dont know im just so worried! :blink::bashful::wacko::wink::V:rolleyes:

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 12, 2012, 5:23:16 AM via App

You can try to go to Recovery Mode - wipe battery stats in the advance menu. Drain the phone fully then charge it and do it for 3 or 4 cycles.

sasha
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 12, 2012, 5:50:08 PM via Website

OH NO NO I MUSTNT MESS AROUND WITH IT MYSELF....OTHERWISE OTHER STARNGE STUFF MIGHT HAPPEN..... QUE X FILES MUSIC.....:vader::(

lucastang

Dec 1, 2012, 10:46:53 AM via Website

i also want to know why this would happen, mine phone always not 100% charged, but i did not think much of it

cynthia colley

Mar 3, 2014, 7:26:44 PM via Website

Well, mine charges to 77% and stops. Has anyone found a solution? Has anyone tried a different battery?

Calvin Lee
  • Forum posts: 17

Mar 3, 2014, 8:08:56 PM via Website

Most likely its because the plug doesnt have enough power to charge!

Change your plug, then it will work
It happened to my Note 3

Sangam Dahal

Jun 16, 2016, 11:57:23 AM via Website

I tried with 2ampere ouput charger and a lot other nothing helped .i m thinking of changing usb flex and hope it will solve☺ but still any kind of help is appreciated
Samsung galaxy s4 gti9500

Kemi Salahu
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 6, 2017, 11:55:43 AM via Website

Upgrade the os

Héctor Luis López Perales
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 14, 2017, 1:22:08 AM via Website

What i did is removed the batery and put back and now reads %100. Very odd..

Héctor Luis López Perales
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 14, 2017, 1:26:46 AM via Website

Remove batery and put it back. This worked In my note 4. Now is %100 full. Very odd ? But works.

David J

Sep 26, 2017, 11:20:55 PM via Website

I have the same problem and your suggestion does not work.
Thanks anyway!

Pete L

Jan 3, 2018, 12:52:04 PM via Website

Galaxy (A/S)3 etc not charging beyond 88% (approx)?
Suspect it is a software glitch.
The only way I have overcome this is to:-
Switch off, Charge, Reboot
et voila: 100% charge and the battery easily lasts all day.
In the meantime w8 until an update cures it. ;)
Pete

Stephen Jarrett

Apr 10, 2019, 11:30:50 AM via Website

I have tried disconnecting the charger the reconnecting. That usually works. Also I found it charged more efficiently when the phone (device) is off.

jeffries collins

Apr 11, 2019, 9:18:13 AM via Website

Simply you need to get another battery. However, if that doesnt work thertes only one other thing to do is...

GO BUY YOU A BRAND NEW PHONE. I mean why keep spending money on the same phone that you know for yourself that aint gone work after you think of something that may be the problem that might fix your phone that youre trying to fix.

Deepak Gupta

Jun 11, 2019, 12:04:15 PM via Website

Here are some custom ROMs that we can put on this phone to reduce such firmware related bugs and problems: techshali.com/best-roms-galaxy-s3/