USB 2.0 to Ethernet Adapter for Razr

• Replies:3
Andrew Lindsay
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 30, 2012, 1:55:39 AM via Website

I have the Droid Razr running ICS 4.0.4. I have both the Motorola Atrix Lapdock (on which I've modified the pins to accept the Razr) and the Premium HD Station (the one with the additional 3 USB ports). Understandably neither of these two accessories 'supports' Ethernet because they don't have an Ethernet port, but I would think that since both support USB then I should be able to use a USB to Ethernet adapter to achieve Ethernet networking.

I'd purchased an adapter before, but apparently it had the wrong chipset. I could never enable Ethernet. I've seen where ICS supports Ethernet, but the posts have been about tablets or other phones running ICS, not the Razr.

In short, what phone accessories will support Ethernet via a USB adapter (hopefully one or both of my Lapdock and HD Station) and specifically what USB/Ethernet adapter(s) can I purchase that are known to work with the device.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew

Patrick Egger
  • Forum posts: 7

Jul 30, 2012, 3:23:32 PM via Website

Whats droid razr? do you mean a customware for your razr? And do you know when the new update for ics will be life on the phones?

Andrew Lindsay
  • Forum posts: 8

Aug 6, 2012, 2:35:27 AM via Website

I am quite surprised that no one has a definitive answer on whether or not a person can get an Ethernet connection via one of the RAZR docking stations' USB ports.

Thanks,
Andrew

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 14, 2012, 4:59:59 PM via Website

I'm haven't heard of anyway to do that before, but it seems possible! Have a look here:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/76f9cf30ac

They go into more detail about it.