can't sign in to google account

• Replies:75
  • Answered
Brody D.
  • Forum posts: 21

Apr 20, 2012, 7:35:52 AM via App

hi.
when I try to access the android market it tries to sign in to my google account, but then fails and says that it couldn't create a secure connection to my servers. is this because I am using wi-fi, and to get around this do I have to use my 3g connection.
thanks

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Apr 20, 2012, 7:52:36 AM via Website

Hi Brody,

welcome to AndroidPIT!

That could be a solution to switch to 3G. Sometimes Google is a little buggy...

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Apr 20, 2012, 8:30:38 AM via Website

Brody, wifi should work better than 3g.

- Do you have an active Google account?
- Are you signed in?
- double check your settings and ensure that the google sign in settings are properly in place. (settings - accounts and sync)

Brody D.

Apr 20, 2012, 5:04:05 PM via App

Yes, my Google account is active, and I can access my emails etc from my phone, but I can't add my phone to it, so I can't download anything from the market.

David Kinlay
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 20, 2012, 6:10:01 PM via Website

Very strange! If you are able to access email, must be logged into your Google account. Do you have Google Play. installed on phone? Have you been able to download anything? What phone do you have with what software? What carrier?

Brody D.

Apr 20, 2012, 6:41:58 PM via App

No, I don't have Google Play installed, my phone is a Huawei Ideos X1, OS 2.2, my provider is Optus, but because I am using Wi-Fi it shouldn't be a problem with them. I can download files off most websites, but not android market or Google play.

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Apr 20, 2012, 9:24:00 PM via Website

Brody D.
No, I don't have Google Play installed

Ehm, you have no Play Store.... do you have the Market? Otherwise it would be no wonder, that you can´t login... :wink:

So, your initial problem was, that you can´t establish a secure connection. If it´s still the problem, try one of the following solutions:

• Do not sychnonize date and time thru the network automatically, take alook that you have the right Timezone (Eastern-, Central-, Western-Standard)
  • Menu->Settings->Date and Time->Automatic (has to be deactivated)
  • Change from WiFi to 3G and back and try again. Maybe a reboot of your phone may nessecary
  • Logout and login into GTalk
  • Delete Data and Cache of the Market/Play Store

KibriaHemish Moon

Brody D.

Apr 21, 2012, 3:00:49 AM via App

Käpt'n Andreas V.

• Do not sychnonize date and time thru the network automatically, take alook that you have the right Timezone (Eastern-, Central-, Western-Standard)
I did this and it worked!!! My phone has been added to my Google account, Google play automatically installed and I can download apps from it. Thanks so much!! :)

Kibria

Brody D.

Apr 21, 2012, 11:30:57 AM via App

Cheers mate, great forum. Wouldn't have thought of that for the life of me.

tanlinda
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 21, 2012, 12:59:35 PM via Website

Come on, man, the forum is great. Hope you solve this problem soon.

Abdullah mOheb
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 13, 2012, 4:51:35 PM via Website

I cant access my Google Account ,,, my phone is Sonny Ericsson x10 mini
when i try to log in it Say That there is no internet connection while I am using wifi

Naresh kumar
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 9:14:42 AM via Website

I no longer have time to update my Android Applications. They always sell more when they are updated. Both apps are successful. The tape measure! app has cre...

Buy android apps

kenneth muñoz

Oct 3, 2012, 12:09:38 PM via Website

can you help me please i cant access my google account its the same scenario but icant get trough i used the steps you initially discussed but still i cant access my google acount. i cant use the android market gmail... =( please help me guys...
i am using sony ericsson x10 mini pro

Mehrnoosh

Nov 17, 2012, 9:16:39 AM via Website

Hi guys,I have the same problem ,it can't stablish a reliable data connection to the server,since I reset my phone ,I can't sign in my google account
I have samsung Galaxy Gio

Technoduce
  • Forum posts: 8

Dec 8, 2012, 6:26:34 AM via Website

I too face the same problem sometimes.

Michal Šiška

Dec 14, 2012, 11:12:30 AM via Website

Hello,

I had problem to sign into Google account on my Android OS @ first start of my recovered mobile (SE Xperia X10 mini pro). I had enabled double authentication for my account. Probably this is why I couldn't log in...
So solution which worked for me is: I went to https: // google. sk/ accounts - there are spaces, coz I am new user and forum would not allow me to post links due to spam. (this said login screen when it said bad username or password... it said for recover your account go there... I went. But I was sure my password was absolutely correct)
I added additional email address (address of another registration example: outlook.com). After this I was able to log on with my additional email address to my google account.
So I recover my amdroid to factory settings again and then I used my alternative log in. And it worked! I was so happy, coz I went through 2 hours troubleshooting about my wifi, 3g, another google accounts... and so on :P

So I hope it will help some1 with same problem.

hiruy gulilat
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 25, 2012, 7:01:34 AM via App

Hey guys, I have the same problem, tried all what is posted here and I couldnt login to market. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Ace. Please help guys, thank you.

jenny smith

Alex Cho
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 26, 2012, 12:52:26 AM via Website

If wifi isn't working check your network settings

hiruy gulilat

Dec 28, 2012, 10:01:33 AM via App

My network seems to work because I can download apps from this website, Androidpit

hiruy gulilat

Dec 28, 2012, 10:07:33 AM via App

My network seems to work because I can download apps from this website, Androidpit. I downloaded playstore
but I still couldn't sign in.

Muhammad Anuar

Jan 12, 2013, 9:19:56 AM via Website

i had a problem that can't login my gmail and my play store...is there any where that i can login again.. I've use samsung galaxy s GT-19000
everytime went i login it says can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. is there anywere to fix it...i can surf internet thru my phone but can login my google playstore and my gmail...help me plz..:(

Muhammad Anuar

Jan 12, 2013, 9:21:14 AM via Website

Käpt'n Andreas V.
Brody D.
No, I don't have Google Play installed

Ehm, you have no Play Store.... do you have the Market? Otherwise it would be no wonder, that you can´t login... :wink:

So, your initial problem was, that you can´t establish a secure connection. If it´s still the problem, try one of the following solutions:

• Change from WiFi to 3G and back and try again. Maybe a reboot of your phone may nessecary
i had a problem that can't login my gmail and my play store...is there any where that i can login again.. I've use samsung galaxy s GT-19000
everytime went i login it says can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. is there anywere to fix it...i can surf internet thru my phone but can login my google playstore and my gmail...help me plz..:(

sidhumeet0
  • Forum posts: 18

Mar 1, 2013, 10:46:41 AM via Website

If you can't sign in, please select the issue that applies to you below. This troubleshooter will guide you through 2-5 questions, depending on the options you select.
1: I forgot my password
2: I think someone else is using my account
3: I forgot my username
4: I know my username and password, but I can't sign in
5: I can't reset my password via SMS
6: I use a Google Apps account
7: I'm having trouble with 2-step verification

Do you use Gmail with this account?
1: Yes
2: No

Google can send you a text message if you ever forget your password..

Murad Xoubi

Apr 17, 2013, 5:56:30 PM via Website

hi there
I couldn't create a secure connection to my servers when trying yo login yo my google account to access google play..and i did all things mentioned about this topic, but nothing is happening..any suggestions?!!:(

gabriel mardiros

May 8, 2013, 7:32:45 PM via Website

plzzz help i am trying to sign in into my google acc to play store but its giving me that couldnt sign in and cant establish a reliable connection to server plzz what to do !!!!!!

muhammad

May 10, 2013, 5:25:26 PM via App

It happened a few times with me when my HTC got stuck and I took out the battery and reinserted. This resets the date and time which inturn affects google play, and it gives all sorts of errors.

Kiran Shakir

Jul 30, 2013, 10:37:54 PM via Website

I am having the same problem. but solution provided by you is not working for me.

dulala
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 2, 2013, 11:30:06 AM via Website

i think the priblem has nothing to do with wifi,everytime i brouse the google store , i use my wifi,and it shall work better than 3G...the problem may lies in your settings.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 72

Sep 26, 2013, 2:40:18 PM via Website

Oooops , I don't think that its an issue with your Wifi. Why don't you make a soft reset and then restart the device. It may work properly then

Julie G.

Oct 28, 2013, 12:42:33 AM via Website

Käpt'n Andreas V.

Been having trouble signing on GTalk (and most other apps) on my phone over my home wi-fi for a couple days and could NOT for the life of me figure it out!
So. Did a search for the problem and stumbled on this nifty forums ... and even more nifty post!
The post reminded me that the clocks were going back this weekend in Europe (but not North America) and that, even if after nearly 3 years with this phone I had never noticed any trouble, it could, maybe, confuse the system.

Anywho! I followed these steps and it fixed my issue!
So I had to sign in to this forum to convey my thanks! :D

Gulzar Begum
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 28, 2013, 10:04:19 AM via Website

I also face same problem.........That could be a solution to switch to 3G. Sometimes Google is a little buggy

Tobias Reese

Nov 12, 2013, 8:31:49 AM via Website

Since lunchtime today I would most like to throw my Note 2 out of the window!

I flash new ROMs and regular lunchtime today I once again flashed a 4.3.1 rom (carbon).

I could suddenly no longer in the G+ app, because it meant I would not be logged.

With Hangouts, it goes one step further.

It says there is a problem with the permissions ...

Well, test times installs the new 4.4 Rom, only  WLAN and added the Google account, same problem, so it is not on an application ...

Just what is it? Has / had someone the same before?

Thanks for any advice!

Oh yes: on my nexus 7 2013 with the same account: nothing, everything works without problems!

— modified on Nov 12, 2013, 8:32:30 AM

jenny smith
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 23, 2013, 6:37:24 AM via Website

@hiruy friend i think you have to reset your password of your google accounts and signup on the app store by new username. Maybe, you will get success.

Rajesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 16

Nov 26, 2013, 6:15:56 AM via Website

Hi, You should be sure about the internet connection n your phone. May be your phone does not have internet driver on your phone or your phone is not connect with wi-fi.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 27, 2013, 5:51:01 PM via Website

Couple of tricks that might help:

• Try switching between network - wifi and mobile data
  • Turning Airplane Mode on and then back off sometimes fixes the problem
  • The date/time fix already posted
  • Clear Play Store app cache
  • Log into the Play Store on your computer, change your password, try to sync on your phone and reenter password when requested (a long shot but has worked before too)
  • Delete your whole Google account from your phone and add it again

— modified on Nov 27, 2013, 5:51:09 PM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Jeffrey Shing

Nov 29, 2013, 5:06:36 AM via Website

Hi, I have a galaxy note 3 that I have factory resetted multiple times, even wiped the data and reset using the volume up button + home button + power button, but to no avail.

I try to login to play store, youtube, or any google account but it still says that "it cant establish a liable connection to the server."
Even if I try to create a new account with whatever combination of usernames you can think of, it just says "the user name ________ isn't available."

What do I do??

Shahbaz Mehdi

Dec 19, 2013, 12:26:36 AM via Website

Hello.

I can't sign in to my google.play android market. I checked the time zone. I also checked if my wifi is working fine on my phone. I can also sign in to Google play and browse other webs on my mobile using browser and chrome but cannot sign in to play. Gives that same "Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server" I also tried factory-reset.

Looking forward to your help guys. :)

Sheharyar Abid

Dec 21, 2013, 4:17:04 PM via Website

I am having the same problem.
Having an Android tablet. (Wintouch Q73)

Lambert Garcia

Dec 25, 2013, 11:16:00 AM via Website

try checking the date in your phone...the date affects the connection...its must be correct...

stav kortubas

Jan 9, 2014, 12:23:16 PM via Website

same with my dell aero... when i try to access the android market it says google sign in problem "psword is not valid". i can't remember the pword anymore so i want to change my username and psword but how? i can enter the google site with my new gmail account. how to change the username and pword?

ario kartim

Feb 21, 2014, 1:03:18 AM via Website

Mehrnoosh
Hi guys,I have the same problem ,it can't stablish a reliable data connection to the server,since I reset my phone ,I can't sign in my google account
I have samsung Galaxy Gio

This worked VERY well for me..
i used method 2
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2110225
i tried everything..i was ready to install another rom.. but i found this and problem fixed

Asad Ali
  • Forum posts: 8

Feb 21, 2014, 8:33:03 AM via App

I was facing the same problem and tried everything mentioned above. also tried removing google account and tried to login after restart.. but nothing worked for me. then I installed a modded play store and problem solved. never faced that problem again :)

Ivan Islentiev

Mar 1, 2014, 9:59:52 AM via Website

Hello , so I have the same problem as many people , I was rooted and I have unrooted my sIII and now I have the problem with signing in to my working and active google account . I tried factry restore my ddvice I tried setting my time and date right but It all seems to not work ao when I want to got to play store the screen pops out and asks to sign in I press sign in it goes to anoder pop up I insert my details and press sign in after that It says signing in and after that it says Couldn't sign in !

Sameer S G

Apr 7, 2014, 11:38:38 AM via Website

i removed the whole google account and tried to add it but it stays signing in for whole day. can u plz help me on this !

Ali El Chamaa

Apr 7, 2014, 4:35:34 PM via Website

Justin Barton

Apr 25, 2014, 5:30:51 AM via Website

You are probably signed in with more than one account. You need to click on play store in the play store. Is there an arrow by the email? Click it and see if you can choose the other sign in. It should prompt you to update password. Should be good after that. You can choose either email that way in the play store.

Justin Barton

Apr 25, 2014, 5:31:37 AM via Website

Really bad router. :'(

Hemish Moon

Apr 30, 2014, 8:23:43 AM via Website

Thanks dude .... I successfully find the solution with your suggestions