Samsung Galaxy S2 — Samsung galaxy s2----network change?

• Replies:4
alandavis
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 11, 2012, 4:38:50 PM via Website

I have two probs with my phone, i hope someone can help...

My sister got me a galaxy s2 for my birthday, but she had been messing around and sync'd a random email address she made up with the thing:angry:would the (vol-up + on-button) method of restoring factory settings solve this problem for me and remove that sync'd acc?..or am i stuck with that account sync'd on my phone unless she remembers the password?

also does anyone know how to unlock to different networks with this phone?

I hope someone can help me out with this, im worried to do the vol-up + on-button thing unless im 100% sure it will remove that stupid email acc

thanx

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 12, 2012, 11:15:37 AM via Website

Which network is your Galaxy S2 plugged into? There are different strategies for unlocking the phone based on which model you have...AT&T vs. T-Mobile vs. Sprint, etc...

As far as de-authorizing that account, have you tried going into settings ---> account ---> clicking the account and then removing it? You should be able to do that without having to enter in any passwords..

alandavis
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 12, 2012, 1:20:14 PM via Website

Hi thanks fr replying,

Its currently vodafone network <<<<>>>> i want it to be o2
and i have gone to settings and ractory reset, but theres a pop up saying:

Samsung ID
theEmail@gmail.com
(and it wants password then)

its like shes gone and registered the phone to run off a single main samsung acc i think, i genuinly dont even understand how to use this phone yet but so far this email acc (and its password, which she cant remember) are linked with the phone, its kind of odd...

i have a feeling she registered it with samsung without realizing that that was actually an important thing and i should have been the one to do it..
would the hard reset remove accounts and stuff registered with the phone also?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 12, 2012, 4:06:26 PM via Website

You can change the network manually. Just go into settings - more - mobile networks (this is where the setting is on ICS, but I think its the same on Gingerbread). From there you can pick whichever network you want.

Let me know how it goes!

— modified on Apr 12, 2012, 4:06:56 PM

toni spain
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 5:43:52 PM via Website

how do I bypass the network passwork so I can use my phone on the att network instead of tmobil? I dont want to subscribe back to tmobil service. the service in this area is awful