need info

• Replies:3
Ben DeBolt
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 11:22:00 PM via Website

i have a htc sense and was wondering how to root it and what kinds of problems might it have after i root it?

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 20, 2012, 11:23:49 AM via Website

Rooting any device can be tricky and you should really know what you are doing before you give it a try (that means doing your homework and reading up) But first off, don't you mean you have an HTC Sensation? HTC Sense is the operatiung system and rooting is dependet on the phones hardware more then anything else.

Check out this XDA thread on Rooting the Sensation for more information.

Sean Foster
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 11:45:51 AM via Website

In the past couple of weeks I have used the thread that Aaron posted to root and s-off my sensation. It's all working fine. I will say that you have to read it thoroughly and download everything that you'll need before you start.

I found that adb only worked through the command line if it was installed on the C:/ root.

Make sure you have a full charge and a little time.

I'm now running on the latest Android Revolution ROM and flashed the faux123 kernel to overclock to 1.5G and I'm very happy.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 2, 2012, 3:33:18 PM via Website

Sean Foster
In the past couple of weeks I have used the thread that Aaron posted to root and s-off my sensation. It's all working fine. I will say that you have to read it thoroughly and download everything that you'll need before you start.

I found that adb only worked through the command line if it was installed on the C:/ root.

Make sure you have a full charge and a little time.

I'm now running on the latest Android Revolution ROM and flashed the faux123 kernel to overclock to 1.5G and I'm very happy.

I had my Sensation rooted and had the best performance using Virtous Inquisition ROM with Sebastians 1.8ghz kernel. This combination FLIES.