Samsung Galaxy S2 — Locked SGS2

• Replies:6
Todd Smith
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 7, 2012, 4:39:47 AM via Website

Dear members,

I have locked my SGS2, I was hoping that somebody would be able to tell me how to back up my photos before i reset the phone??
Can I copy photos to the an sd card while the phone is locked??? or is there a way of using the usb cable while the phone is locked??
I have tried to unlock my phone using the google log in but that didnt work

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 7, 2012, 10:41:05 AM via Website

Like you phone is complete locked down and you can't get into it again? DId you forget your password or the lockscreen pattern?

If you really can't get into the phone, then I'm pretty sure you're SOL but if it's just a lockscreen issue there are ways around that.

Todd Smith

Mar 8, 2012, 4:12:14 AM via Website

i remember the pattern but the screen that comes up is the google account username and password, i no my username but im putting in th wrong past word i guess coz its not unlocking

Aaron Tilton

Mar 8, 2012, 10:23:14 AM via Website

Then try going online with a computer and reseting your password via Google Mail. It will be the same password for your Android phone, which should then let you get back into the system.

Hope that helps. Let us know if it works!

Todd Smith

Mar 16, 2012, 10:54:46 PM via Website

google was very unhelpful as i didnt provide enough info to my account to regain access to my phone

but i did find a back way into my phone this my be helpful to other people, i already had viber installed on my phone, one of my friends called me from viber during the call i had my phone connected via usb to my computer, while on the phone call i was able to use the pull down menu tab, which allowed me to activate the usb connection. i then backed up all my files on the my computer :D GOOD TIMES!!!

after backing up all my files i turned the phone off, then turned it back on as it was loading i held down the upper volume, power button and the lower middle button for a couple of seconds then released them which loaded some reboot menu, from this i was able to do a factor reset to remove the google account and unlock my phone

after the reset i could use my phone again, to my surprise i didnt lose my photos or music but everything else was deleted

hope this helps other people with SGS2 phones

Aaron Tilton

Mar 19, 2012, 11:30:09 AM via Website

That's a creative work-around. Thanks for the information!

isamu tanaka

Apr 15, 2013, 8:03:28 AM via Website

TURN YOUR PHONE OFF HOLD VOLUME UP, POWER, AND HOME BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME UNTIL YOU SEE RECOVERY MENU. FROM THERE USING THE VOLUME BUTTONS GO DOWN AND SELECT WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET CLICK YES. IF YOU RECIEVE A MESSAGE CONFIRM PASSWORD JUST PUT IN 0000PRESS OK KEEP PUTTING THIS IN 0000 NORMALLY TAKES 5 OR 6 TIMES ONCE THIS IS COMPLETE ONCE AGAIN WITH VOLUME BUTTON GO UP AND SELECT REBOOT SYSTEM FIXED NOMORE PASSWORD PHONE WILL BE FACTORY RESET BUT KEEP IN MIND YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING THAT WAS ON PHONE PREVIOUSLY