Samsung Galaxy Y reset

• Replies:4
vernan
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 9:32:01 AM via Website

Hi

Just have a little doubt over going for a factory reset in my Samsung galaxy Y. I understand that factory re-set will delete all the apps and all other personal data that's stored in the phone. But will it delete android OS (gingerbread) as well? or just the private data and apps that's on SD card and phone memory?

Thanks..

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jan 26, 2012, 10:23:00 AM via Website

A factory reset won't delete your OS. You'll just need to re-install all your apps and re-enter in data like contacts. I recommend reading this post first.

julie duran
  • Forum posts: 5

May 19, 2012, 6:44:12 AM via Website

reset wont affect the sd card, only your internal memory will be erased but not system files. learn more on iplaygalaxyy

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 22, 2012, 5:09:39 PM via Website

Factory reset can delete all your files if your using a stock recovery to do it. Be careful!

julie duran
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 3, 2012, 10:40:39 AM via Website

[quote=vernan]Hi

Just have a little doubt over going for a factory reset in my Samsung galaxy Y. I understand that factory re-set will delete all the apps and all other personal data that's stored in the phone. But will it delete android OS (gingerbread) as well? or just the private data and apps that's on SD card and phone memory?

Thanks..[/quote

SD card will not be vulnerable, only the internal memory like (installed apps, games, contacts) but not pics, songs etc.. a backup would not hurt though.. it's android 101, "always keep a backup if you want to do something in case"

— modified on Jul 3, 2012, 11:03:58 AM