Accessory: Mugen Power 1950mAh extended battery for HTC Sensation XE

• Replies:9
Dave Denever
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 14, 2011, 3:29:25 PM via Website

Mugen Power released 1950mAh extended battery for HTC Sensation XE.
If you used Mugen, post your opinions here! I'm a grateful user so far.

divided productions

Mar 19, 2012, 7:26:40 AM via Website

I got mine in the mail last week and am liking the endurance so far.
I was solely depending on SetCpu and juice defender to get me through the day, now with extended battery I get a almost 2 days life
(which is still sh#t) but is a lot better than the stock battery...

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 19, 2012, 10:26:05 AM via Website

Cool! Just out of curiosity -- how much battery life were you getting on the Sensation XE before Juice Defender / extended battery?

divided productions

Mar 19, 2012, 10:53:28 AM via Website

Prior to any help from apps to manage the battery life I would get down to 15% at the end of each working day.
I do use my phone a lot though, always emailing, receiving/making calls at work and also web browsing.

divided productions

Mar 19, 2012, 11:00:52 AM via Website

It actually makes me wonder what happened to the good ol days when a little Nokia could get you through a week without needing a recharge!
I'm sure there's someone out there working on an new energy source that will power our smart phones for a lot longer than they last now...
I'd like to think so.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 19, 2012, 12:12:08 PM via Website

Of course its all because of processor speeds. The old nokias lasted so long because their processors needed next to no power. Modern smartphones are more lapttop then phone so it makes sense that they need so much power.

stewart borland
  • Forum posts: 26

Mar 22, 2012, 9:23:48 PM via Website

Yes I agree, it's not a fair comparison. My old Sony was a phone and a camera (and a good one) but that was about it. My three HTC's are 'little laptop powerhouses' :)

hodged02
  • Forum posts: 8

May 15, 2012, 8:40:18 PM via Website

not only are the processors in modern smart phones a lot faster (nokia 6630 had 220 MHz ARM926EJ-S and i got about 7-8 days per charge) but also the screens in modern phones are both bigger and touch sensitive which needs more power, hence more power for processors, screen, and the addition of wifi, will always affect the length of time a battery will last, if you can get 1-2 days out of ANY modern smartphone then you are doing well, even my old N8 only got 2 days with average use an that ony had a 680mhz arm processor, now my sensation XE has a 1.5ghz dual core an getting a full day, i'm still happy with this as all i do is charge when i go to bed.

bayberry
  • Forum posts: 24

Aug 28, 2012, 9:54:40 AM via Website

High-quality batteries, safe and reliable, stable performance, high capacity, long standby time; built-in current limiting protection, so I spent every day, and now extended battery, I have been the past two days of life B)

Norman Hunter
  • Forum posts: 13

Jan 10, 2013, 11:13:54 AM via Website

The Anker battery is also nice..it prevents heating the phone..!!Also gives good battery backup..!!

I purchased this battery and got one free..with it..