Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch - Battery Life Problems

• Replies:4
Jrein13
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 8:10:37 PM via Website

I’ve had the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch since September and I love it, but it won’t hold a charge anymore. This is my first android phone, so I’m not that great with all of the technical stuff, but I need some advice with my battery. I just downloaded a battery widget so I can see the percentage of the battery; I charge it every night and by the time I’m leaving for work it’s almost down to 80%!! The battery life used to last from 6am - 6pm but this morning I took it off the charger around 7 am and it died at 12:30 pm. I barley use my phone while I’m at work and I can’t even get through a day without it dying. I turned some automatic app notifications off along with switching from a live wallpaper to solid picture in hopes of saving some of my battery, but it seems to be worse now. I don’t know what to do... does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks!

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Nov 10, 2011, 11:18:29 PM via Website

Have you already tried to turn out GPS, WiFi and so on? This might suck your battery dry.

El Loro Bella

Dec 14, 2011, 5:15:15 PM via Website

Sometime apps that you had installed using up batteries. Uninstall unnecessary apps or factory reset/hard reset might help. Or simply it could be a bad battery.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 14, 2011, 6:12:36 PM via App

check settings/about phone/battery, see which apps are using most battery. Don't use a task killer, you'll find most apps start automatically so use an app like autostart to prevent them doing so.

Sinkster

Rex D. Medina

Sep 12, 2013, 2:19:24 PM via Website

Buy an extended battery at Amazon online store. I have a 4100mah extended battery and it lasted me from 10:30am-10:30pm just listening to a radio station in iHeartRadio app alone. I turned the phone off while I'm in the library. I'm a light user. It lasted 15 hours after conditioning the battery 6 xs. When the phone's battery indicator shows yellow, I put the micro USB plug in to recharge it b4 bedtime. Read the customers' reviews at Amazon.com ( both good and bad ) . I hope this tried and true advice helps you. The 4100mah battery comes with a free back cover for it. And, sadly, your case will not fit in the back of it. But the free back cover will help you grip your phone well. It does for me.