Samsung Galaxy S2 — Where is the lock screen image located?

• Replies:4
PEDRO T.
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 10, 2011, 8:59:14 PM via Website

Hi good people

Can someone please tell me where is the actual image of the lock screen located?
I accidentally lost the original picture and now recovering the one in use in the lock screen is my only chance.

I can find the stock wallpapers with astro file manager, but have no clue as to where the active lock screen image is located.

Thanks

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Oct 11, 2011, 5:32:08 AM via Website

You'll find all images in the gallery. Go into the launcher menu and tap on "Gallery". If you browse a bit, you'll find all images and even the lock screen images as well.

PEDRO T.

Oct 11, 2011, 11:43:40 AM via Website

Fabien Roehlinger
You'll find all images in the gallery. Go into the launcher menu and tap on "Gallery". If you browse a bit, you'll find all images and even the lock screen images as well.

I'm afraid not. The image I'm using in the lock screen is no longer in the gallery, because of a careless act of mine.
I need to know where it is kept for being used in the lock screen.

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Oct 11, 2011, 3:52:07 PM via Website

Okay, try this one:

Display > Screen display > Wallpaper

Here you should be able to find all wallpapers or images you could use for the lock screen. Let me know if this has helped.

— modified on Oct 11, 2011, 3:52:28 PM

PEDRO T.

Oct 11, 2011, 5:22:46 PM via Website

No it doesn't help because the image is no longer in the gallery.
As I said, I deleted it accidentaly.

I think the only way to find it using a file explorer like Astro, that show all the files in the device. The problem is I don't know where the system keeps it!