What is sleep mode and what happens to an Android phone whn you put it to sleep

• Replies:4
Jean M.
  • Forum posts: 38

Sep 28, 2011, 3:03:53 PM via Website

So my questions are just like the title says: What is sleep phone and what does your Android do when you put it to sleep. Do the apps keep running in the background or is there no activity? If I want to improve my battery life should I remember to turn off my apps before I put the phone to sleep
?

Ryan
  • Forum posts: 146

Sep 28, 2011, 3:53:20 PM via Website

I guess its *pause*ing the apps? but im not sure! What sleep mode do you mean anyway? Just turning the screen off?

If you really want to save battery, activate flight mode. 2-3% battery / 8 hours

Lilly Righteous
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 28, 2011, 4:24:05 PM via Website

If you're just talking about when the lock screen is on then I'm pretty sure most apps still keep running unless they are set to turn off so it might nto be a bad idea to make sure that all apps are shut down with a task killer or something similar. There is supposedly a deep sleep mode on most Android phones that turn most app function off but I don't know when that is engaged.

Marshall Harris
  • Forum posts: 18

Sep 28, 2011, 4:31:09 PM via Website

Deep sleep kicks in after the phone hasn't been used for awhile though the amount of time is different for each phone. Basiclly all functions are shut down like Wifi, GPS, and even CPU activity to save on battery power.

43Wooski

Lisa Staker
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 18, 2017, 12:04:57 PM via Website

Ryan, Why did you put a response if you didn't know what sleep is, your response was not helpful

— modified on Dec 18, 2017, 12:09:33 PM