Battery Life

• Replies:5
Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

Jul 21, 2011, 5:48:59 PM via Website

Just curious, of those of you who are getting excellent battery life, are you using an extended battery or the stock one?

Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Jul 22, 2011, 9:00:08 AM via App

I am currently using an extended battery on my droid x

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 73

Jul 22, 2011, 10:52:54 AM via Website

Hi, I have asked the same question before.

I think there is no Android device with a good battery life.

I need to charge my LG Optimus twice a day.

Also I have tried Advanced Task Killer, switching of 3G connection, and so on...

It help's to increase the battery life. Nevertheless, I want to use my smartphone to go on the Internet. Therefore I have to live with it, charging it twice during the day :angry:

kraisydave
  • Forum posts: 9

Nov 1, 2011, 9:00:05 AM via Website

The battery on the Charge was better for me than the my primary previous phone on sprint. The Charge battery is physically larger so that would make sense. But until just a few months ago I never knew what good battery life was. These phones are set poorly from the manufacture. The power management can be better. I have been running various ROMs with great success. I can go for most of the day without even being concerned now. I would bet that I have a 50 to 70% increase by running custom ROMs.

Dave

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Nov 1, 2011, 10:34:20 AM via Website

Kraisy Dave...which ROM are you using, if you don't mind sharing?

kraisydave
  • Forum posts: 9

Nov 2, 2011, 9:17:21 AM via Website

Steven,

I am now on the GummyCharged Ginger Bread 2.1. It is the fastest ROM I have used yet. I do not know about bugs for this one yet as it has been only a couple of days. But as usual the GummyTeam has done wonders with the Battery and general Snappiness.

Dave