HTC Desire X — HTC Desire S: Stop Running services?

• Replies:3
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 14, 2011, 3:55:55 PM via Website

When I checked the Applications in my HTC Desire S, I discovered that there are applications running for about 400hrs already (like, Android System, Calendar,Google Services, HTC Sense, etc.) . When I clicked the applicaion, two buttons appear: "Stop" and "Report", with e warning, "This service was started by its application. Stopping it may cause the application to fail." This message appears in all those applications. Since the applications are running for hundreds of hours already, should I need to stop them already? Sorry, I am new at this. Thanks

Ben Dreyfuss
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 14, 2011, 6:17:39 PM via Website

Yup, it's fine to stop an app from running, and it usually doesn't affect your phone experience at all. Even if you close something like Google Maps, the app will start working immediately when you open it. There's little to no benefit to you having these apps run in the background..and it usually just slows down your phone. There are actually a number of apps available that monitor which apps are running in the background and can help you close them all quickly, like App2SD.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 16, 2011, 10:59:23 AM via Website

Ben Dreyfuss
Yup, it's fine to stop an app from running, and it usually doesn't affect your phone experience at all. Even if you close something like Google Maps, the app will start working immediately when you open it. There's little to no benefit to you having these apps run in the background..and it usually just slows down your phone. There are actually a number of apps available that monitor which apps are running in the background and can help you close them all quickly, like App2SD.

Thank you very much, Ben! will check out App2SD.

Alex Evseev
  • Forum posts: 24

Jun 16, 2011, 11:02:49 AM via Website

Cool! Let us know if you have more questions, too.