How to recover deleted photos and videos

• Replies:4
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 20, 2022, 8:01:05 AM via Website

I use Galaxy S9. I accidentally deleted all my folders that contained videos and photos, in the gallery. The trash option was not turned on for the gallery. I did not have google photos installed either. How can I recover them?

— modified on Mar 20, 2022, 8:03:41 AM

• Forum posts: 1

Mar 21, 2022, 10:59:44 AM via Website

Latest smartphones have trash features in the system, which means, everything goes in the trash if you delete anything in your smartphone. Yes, They are not permanently deleted yet. I advise you to check your trash folder too.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 22, 2022, 3:55:07 PM via Website

You can try using third-party apps that can restore the deleted data.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 31, 2022, 2:11:50 PM via Website

I too agree with Freelanceakhil, Galaxy S9 does have Recycle bin you are referring to it as a trash folder. You should look into it, you probably might find all your photos and videos in Recycle bin. You said that you haven't turned on trash it's mostly default settings. Give it a try.
Follow the steps:

1. Open Gallery
  2. Tap on the three-dot menu and select Recycle bin.
  3. If you find the photos and videos in the Recycle bin long-press and select the ones you would like to restore.
  4. Now tap on the restore icon, and all the selected photos and videos will be restored back to your gallery.

Hope you find all your photos and videos in recycle bin. Have a great day.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 1, 2022, 1:47:14 PM via Website

If you haven't backed them up before, try data recovery tool , it has method to detect the internal storage and extract the files.

Helpful?