How to recover deleted photos and videos

• Replies:8
  • Closed
ketanco
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 20, 2022, 8:01:05 AM via Website

I use Galaxy S9. I accidentally deleted all my folders that contained videos and photos, in the gallery. The trash option was not turned on for the gallery. I did not have google photos installed either. How can I recover them?

— modified on Mar 20, 2022, 8:03:41 AM

Freelanceakhil
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 21, 2022, 10:59:44 AM via Website

Latest smartphones have trash features in the system, which means, everything goes in the trash if you delete anything in your smartphone. Yes, They are not permanently deleted yet. I advise you to check your trash folder too.

Helpful?
Damian Cross
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 22, 2022, 3:55:07 PM via Website

You can try using third-party apps that can restore the deleted data.

Helpful?
Robin Fraser
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 31, 2022, 2:11:50 PM via Website

I too agree with Freelanceakhil, Galaxy S9 does have Recycle bin you are referring to it as a trash folder. You should look into it, you probably might find all your photos and videos in Recycle bin. You said that you haven't turned on trash it's mostly default settings. Give it a try.
Follow the steps:

1. Open Gallery
  2. Tap on the three-dot menu and select Recycle bin.
  3. If you find the photos and videos in the Recycle bin long-press and select the ones you would like to restore.
  4. Now tap on the restore icon, and all the selected photos and videos will be restored back to your gallery.

Hope you find all your photos and videos in recycle bin. Have a great day.

Helpful?
Alice
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 1, 2022, 1:47:14 PM via Website

If you haven't backed them up before, try data recovery tool , it has method to detect the internal storage and extract the files.

Helpful?
Joy of Smartphone
  • Forum posts: 22

Jun 14, 2022, 5:19:38 AM via Website

The best habit to restore deleted photos and videos from Samsung Galaxy S9 is to look to recover from Backup.

If you have been using Samsung Smart Switch to backup data, then restore from there.

If you have been using Google Drive to upload photos and videos, then restore from Google Drive.

Look in to the Google Photos app trash bin, if you are using it.

Look in the Recycle Bin/Trash/Recently Deleted folder in the Gallery App. The deleted files remains there for 30 days.

If you do not have backup, even then you can try any third-party tool to recover deleted photos and videos from Samsung Galaxy phones.

Follow the solutions mentioned here - https://joyofsmartphone.com/deleted-video-recovery-from-samsung-galaxy/

Maybe this can help you!

Helpful?
Lizzy Smith
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 10, 2022, 7:02:53 AM via Website

Hi,

Recovering deleted media files from the phone's internal memory is not possible without rooting your phone. If your lost files were ever saved on your phone's SD card (if exist on your phone), then you can easily recover your lost videos and photos. You need to download Stellar photo recovery tool on your system and attach the SD card. After this, open the software interface, select the external device, i.e., SD card, and start the scanning process to recover your lost media files.

I hope you already got your lost files back. I believe my answer will help others who will come to this thread in search of a solution for lost media file recovery.

— modified on Nov 10, 2022, 7:03:15 AM

Helpful?
korence
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 13, 2022, 3:09:26 PM via Website

For iOS devices, I can easily give you a bunch of advice. The Android system is increasingly fragmented, so it is difficult to give you a comprehensive photo and video file recovery solution. If you really need a workable approach, RecoveryTool is worth checking out.

Helpful?
gb app
  • Forum posts: 8

May 1, 2023, 7:52:11 AM via Website

The Android system is increasingly fragmented, so it is difficult to give you a comprehensive photo and video file recovery solution. If you really need a workable approach, RecoveryTool is worth checking out.

Helpful?