Easiest budget device to root in 2020

• Replies:2
derrick49
  • Forum posts: 2

May 7, 2020, 12:58:17 AM via Website

Hello!

I need to play around with IMEI numbers (that is, changing them) on several mobile phones. It's legal in my country AFAIK, so no worries for that :-)

The point is, I'm an absolute rookie on this things, as in: I never did anything of the sort.

Apparently the first thing I need to do is rooting the phone, then get the right software to change the IMEI.

Reassured by the plenty resources found online, I just went to the first shop and bought a brand new Cubot J5 and a second hand Samsung SM-G532F - Galaxy Grand Prime Plus.

Then I spent 2 days trying to root each one of the devices to no avail. I swear, that was 2 days straight.

Maybe I'm not skilled enough, maybe I'm just stupid.

The result is that I didn't even manage to brick my phones (given the NO CHANGES that I got, even bricking would have been considered some knd of first step towards my goal). But no, nothing.

So I decided to post for your help, and ask the question in the subject: I need to buy more than one device, so budget is of utmost importance.

What is the easiest device to root in 2020, that I can buy on a budget, with enough resources to get to my ultimate goal i.e. easy and repetitive IMEI changing?

Thanks for your support!!

derrick49
  • Forum posts: 2

May 7, 2020, 11:20:39 PM via Website

Oh, such a nice question. I don't have the answer though...

Helpful?
Hossain
  • Forum posts: 17

Nov 17, 2020, 6:55:16 AM via Website

You can go through the Realme smartphone...

Helpful?