Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 – messages are full

• Replies:8
EnglishProtutor
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 5, 2020, 1:15:54 PM via Website

I have just acquired a: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

I keep getting a "messages are full"; warning me that I can't receive any more SMS until I've made room.

I don't have many apps, photos or files loaded on the phone.

I have 2 SIM cards installed, however, it seems the phone tries to store my SMS messages onto my primary SIM card.

How can I get the phone to store SMS messages locally (64 GB memory)?

I’ve looked under Messages → Settings, there’s no option to change the storage location for messages.

Many thanks.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Feb 5, 2020, 1:28:24 PM via Website

Tap on the Portable storage card and once opened hit the three-dot menu at the upper-right corner. Here, choose Storage settings, which will open the SD card menu. Select the Format as internal option to start the process.when finished reboot.

Helpful?
EnglishProtutor

Feb 5, 2020, 3:11:09 PM via Website

I have two SIMS installed, therefore no room for an SD card. I have a 64GB memory, so I don't need an SD card.

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Feb 5, 2020, 3:48:35 PM via Website

Settings - Apps, select Messages, go to Storage,
Check whether there is some option here for your purpose.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
EnglishProtutor

Feb 5, 2020, 4:25:43 PM via Website

Yep, tried that, no setting to store messages to local memory.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Feb 6, 2020, 4:34:47 AM via Website

I have the same phone. Never had this problem, I have an Sd card and have loads of space both on internal storage and the Sd card. My phone in storage settings it clearly says" if no sd card is detected, your data will be saved to your device's internal storage automatically." I used the default messaging app in the beginning and now I use Qksms+. I can not find any particular setting in both apps referring to the storage location. I think the fastest option at this point is a trip to the shop where you got the phone. It would be interesting to know what caused the problem when they find the solution.I tried to Google this but could not find anything specific referring to this problem.

Helpful?
James WatsonEnglishProtutor
EnglishProtutor

Feb 6, 2020, 5:23:43 AM via Website

Thanks for your comprehensive reply, yes I'll take it back to the shop and try get it sorted there.

Helpful?
James Watson
Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Mar 26, 2020, 4:12:50 AM via Website

Nice share

Helpful?
Rabiul Hassan Khan
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 8, 2020, 3:27:12 PM via Website

Hello,

I have a xiaomi redmi 9, I also had this issue. I tired to delete all messages on SIM, as it was full. But it failed to delete.

I enabled Developer option, from here selected 'Force allow apps to write on external storage'. Now don't know what will happen. Hope this may store the sms on sd card.

Helpful?