I need help with my tablet

• Replies:6
  • Answered
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Feb 18, 2019, 3:56:51 PM via Website

My Asus fonepad8 is not turning on. There is no battery icon when I plug in the charger. ( I tried many chargers)

I can't access, fast boot, recovery anything. ( I can hear a beep sound when I connect it to pc ) The phone is dead.

I tried opening the back case and removed battery pins for 10 minutes but nothing.

It was fine this morning. The Android version was 4.4.2, I downloaded the latest version 5.5.0 ( From official store ) and updated it with sd card but the updating process was failed and shut down forever.

Ready To Help You.

Best answer
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Feb 18, 2019, 11:18:53 PM via Website

Hi Sanjai

I got your email, I do not have any suggestion. You already did a reset by removing the battery leads. That would have been my tip. I think the up date and your phone not working at all are kind of coincidental. It sound like it has something else wrong other than just up date problems or it would at least try to come on. My only suggestion now is get to a repair shop.
Good Luck Mark

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 18, 2019, 11:18:29 PM via Website

Sanjai
It sounds like the 5.50 software didn't completely install.
I did a little reading on your Asus Fonepad8 .
There is a very detailed method to installing new software in your device.
Check out these websites.

From what I read on these websites,
They gave me the impression that if you don't follow thier instructions exactly it could cause big problems.

Helpful?
Best answer
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Feb 18, 2019, 11:18:53 PM via Website

Hi Sanjai

I got your email, I do not have any suggestion. You already did a reset by removing the battery leads. That would have been my tip. I think the up date and your phone not working at all are kind of coincidental. It sound like it has something else wrong other than just up date problems or it would at least try to come on. My only suggestion now is get to a repair shop.
Good Luck Mark

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 19, 2019, 4:02:07 AM via Website

I think the USB port is damaged. I will get it repaired :D . Thank you

Ready To Help You.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
Deactivated Account

Feb 19, 2019, 4:03:34 AM via Website

Lindsay mcdaniel

Sanjai
It sounds like the 5.50 software didn't completely install.
I did a little reading on your Asus Fonepad8 .
There is a very detailed method to installing new software in your device.
Check out these websites.

![image][1]

[1]: https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/7498620/image/forum/Screenshot_20190218-170721.png

From what I read on these websites,
They gave me the impression that if you don't follow thier instructions exactly it could cause big problems.

The phone is completely dead, not even recovery. Need to visit service center

Ready To Help You.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 19, 2019, 4:46:31 AM via Website

Good luck!
I hope they can get it working again!

Helpful?
Guttabkidme
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 20, 2019, 1:41:32 PM via Website

I'm not at all familiar with your phone model but, if was running KitKat,it's old. O thought I would mention a few things that can go wrong with an aged phone. Battery could be done. USB port could be damaged or dirty. Sometimes as well with older phones the battery leads are dirty or the battery no longer sits tight to the leads and is easy to check by slipping a piece of match book between battery and frame to make sure it's tight. Before you go to repair shop perhaps test battery to see if it holds a charge. One easy way to check this with things you already have is to clean battery leads with alcohol then strip end of USB cable and connect directly to the battery and charge.Pay close attention to polarity.

— modified on Feb 20, 2019, 1:44:01 PM

Helpful?