Samsung Galaxy S5 — Help please

• Replies:6
jojo Hamilton
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 30, 2017, 11:38:39 PM via Website

Are there any software updates for my s5 at all? I dont have a computer and phone gone all strange saying sorry phone not working when i receive calls i cant answer...laymans terms if poss please thank u x

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Oct 1, 2017, 8:35:45 AM via Website

If your phone does not work properly and you could not fix the issue anyway, maybe you have to do a factory reset.

As for system updating, go to Settings > About > Check for system updating.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

ajazgames

D. L.
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 2, 2017, 5:17:49 AM via Website

Before you do anything as drastic as a factory reset, first, reboot the phone by turning it completely off. And then back on. Before that, though, open main settings app, find storage, and open that, then clear all apps cache.

Now, hold the power button down until a pop up screen shows 2 or 3 options, and tap the top one, "power off" let it completely go dark, wait 10 seconds or so, then push power button till screen lights, and let go. Phone should reboot at that point. Then test out your problem.

ajazgames

ajazgames
  • Forum posts: 137

Oct 3, 2017, 7:17:25 AM via Website

no special softweres are available to clear it. you should clear by manual ...like the suggessiond given above

Alice Potter
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 4, 2017, 9:32:20 AM via Website

Before you do a factory reset, you need to backup all data of your telephone.

Isabel Jason
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 5, 2017, 12:19:33 PM via Website

Hi Hamilton,

Most of the android phones works once when they have reboot. So, try to solve it once or twice by performing reboot on you device. It can be done By Long press your Power Button --> You will see power off, reboot, screen capture etc.

Select the reboot option and leave it to reboot itself.

Another scenario Phone Update also plays a scenario in which the android phones behave like u explained.

B4 Factory data Reset Try these once it would be helpful or else you will loose your valuable data.

— modified on Oct 6, 2017, 6:57:21 AM