Merging two WhatsApp number

• Replies:15
Kushaaal
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 6, 2017, 8:54:27 AM via Website

I have two phones and two WhatsApp number. Now I want to merge them together and have only one.

Please tell how to do that, what will happen when I merge them I mean the groups etc

Rothman
  • Forum posts: 20

Aug 11, 2017, 4:28:46 AM via Website

You can try to change one of your WhatsApp's verified number to the another number. But I don't know if it really works, since the another number already has been bound to a WhatsApp account.

Are you using two accounts on different mobile phones? Then another method for you is using tool to transfer WhatsApp chat history from account A(phone A) to the account B(phone B), and then delete the account A, for your personal info safety, by going to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Delete my account.

After that, all your WhatsApp messages and media will be stored in your account B on phone B. No need to worry about group chats, they will be moved together.

But sometimes a bug of WhatsApp will happen. That is, when you login WhatsApp on a new device, you will automatically left the group. So then you will have to ask to join the group again on the new device. It's happened to me a few times. I don't know whether it will happen to you, I hope not, just to remind.

— modified on Aug 11, 2017, 4:29:41 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 11, 2017, 5:05:25 AM via Website

It is possible by editing the SQL database but little risky and tricky.

— modified on Aug 11, 2017, 5:05:55 AM

Ready To Help You.

Kushaaal
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 11, 2017, 5:18:10 AM via Website

I don't need chat history preserved, only thing is to ensure is to have one whatsaap number then two in two different mobile number.

I am worried most about groups. I am part of group from both whatsapp number, when it's merged does the groups also migrate and I have all groups of both number in one place

Rothman
  • Forum posts: 20

Aug 18, 2017, 8:36:14 AM via Website

I don't know whether Jihosoft WhatMate can meet your need or not.

I just know that if you use this tool to transfer WhatsApp chat history from account A(phone A) to the account B(phone B), then all the chat history, including individual conversations and group history, will be moved to the account B on your phone B.

1. If A and B account joined a same group, then after transfer, group history in A will be merged into that of B. Of course, you are still a member of that group.

2. If there are some groups that A joined, but B never joined, then after transfer, group history in A will be copied to B. But it is worth noting that you can't send messages to these groups in B as it will say "You are no longer a participant of this group". Then you will have to ask the group admin to add your account B to the group.

Hope it can help you.

Samantha Jones
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 21, 2017, 9:53:39 AM via Website

Thank You for posting , will try by Following the steps...

Rothman

Alaa Elsadig
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 26, 2018, 1:52:47 PM via Website

Hi,
did this work for you?
i too have 2 whatsapp accounts, and i want to merg them.
however one of the accounts (accountA) i lost the SIM card, it is out of service now and i can't issue it again.
accountB is working with an active SIM card.

If i went to settings on accountA and changed the number to accountB, will i still be part of group chats on both accounts?

Thank you.

Jafar
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 17, 2018, 4:59:52 PM via Website

i am also wanted to merge two whatsApp. please text if you got any idea.

Jafar

Jun 17, 2018, 5:00:06 PM via Website

i am also wanted to merge two whatsApp. please text if you got any idea.

Jafar

Jun 17, 2018, 5:01:50 PM via Website

i am also wanted to merge two WhatsApp. please text if you got any idea.

Tony Clark
  • Forum posts: 13

Jun 28, 2018, 9:46:19 AM via Website

Hi,

Merging of two WhatsApp accounts is not possible if also its possible its kind of risky to loose data in process.

WhatsApp allows you to transfer an account to a new number by using Change Number feature, but not merging of two different accounts.

Cheers

J. Vasquez

Jan 14, 2019, 1:11:21 AM via Website

Do you know if WhatsMate merge the chats of 2 whatsapp's devices into one or just destroy the target copying the old one into the new device?

Peter Birk Enevoldsen

Sep 30, 2019, 1:15:59 PM via Website

I have two WhatsApp accounts and unfortunately I have different contacts on the two accounts. I would like to have only one account without loosing contact with any one. Is that possible?

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Oct 1, 2019, 3:04:44 AM via Website

As much as I know it is not possible

Manu

Jun 20, 2022, 2:38:43 PM via Website

Were you able to merge 2 WhatsApp accounts chats and keep the chats and groups chats settings intact?My husband is looking for the same so awaiting reply from you.Can change number feature merge account A chats into account B??

timeing
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 9, 2022, 8:36:57 AM via Website

I use many messengers for communication too.