Google Chromecast — Can you stream Apple Music to Chromecast?

• Replies:22
Vicccky
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 24, 2017, 8:28:44 AM via Website

I am using Apple Music to listen to music. Last weekend, I want to share a good song with my family on dinner. But I failed to cast the Apple Music to Chromecast. Can anyone think of a way to get Apple Music streaming into a Chromecast Audio?

— modified on Mar 24, 2017, 8:29:19 AM

Karolina Miller
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 24, 2017, 8:38:57 AM via Website

Though Chromecast supports many music streaming service, Apple Music is not in the list. And the Apple Music are encrypted with DRM protection to prevent privacy. But you can get help from Apple Music Converter which can convert Apple Music to the format supported by Chromecast. Then you can stream the Apple Music on Chromecast.

Edit by Admin: Link to external site removed.

— modified on Mar 24, 2017, 10:09:07 AM by moderator

Helpful?
Sorinchhavi jain
Matt Clark
  • Forum posts: 8

Oct 11, 2017, 10:04:16 AM via Website

The Chromecast Audio dongle is supported by a number of music services and applications including Google Play Music, Spotify, Deezer, Pandora, iHeartRadio and etc. While Apple Music is missing from the lineup.

Since Apple Music was announced in 2015, and it has passed 2 years till now, Apple Music still does not support the Chromecast Audio device. This shouldn’t come as much of a surprise given Apple’s historic reluctance to work with competitors.

Although Apple Music is not supported, there is way to make it through. The post from DRM Wizard shows one's experience to get Apple Music streaming into a Chromecast Audio successfully, by not bearing or waiting.

For reference: www.drm-wizard.com/stream-apple-music-to-chromecast.html

Helpful?
Sorinchhavi jain
Tony Edward
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 27, 2017, 8:04:17 AM via Website

To be honest, we have no rights to play iTunes music on Apple unauthorized devices, since all iTunes music are in M4P which DRM(Digital Rights Management) protected, making it can be played on Apple devices only. If you want to enjoy Apple music on Chromecast, you have to get rip of fairplay DRM protection at first. Fortunately, there are many DRM Audio Converter on the Internet to help us remove DRM protection from iTunes music. After that, you will be able to enjoy these music freely.

Helpful?
Sorin
Annie Lee
  • Forum posts: 14

Nov 28, 2017, 12:50:10 PM via Website

With the FairPlay DRM technology,Apple Music is not available channel in Chromecast. Therefore, if you want to stream Apple music to Chromecast, you can have a try of TunesKit Audio Converter.
Maybe, you will also want to stream iTunes movies to Chromecast, the first thing you should do is to remove DRM protection from iTunes movies and TV shows with DRmare DRM Converter, which is an easy-to-use but professional DRM removal tool and can help you remove iTunes M4V DRM legally and convert them to multiple formats quickly

Helpful?
Sorin
Jack Roger

Jan 3, 2018, 11:04:20 AM via Website

Currently, Chromecast enables us get access to more than 30 million songs from music services like Pandora, Google Play Music, Spotify, and iHeartRadio, etc. However, Apple refused to support Google Cast ever since the release of the service due to the copyright protection.

In this case, you have to rely on some extra tools in order to sync Apple Music to Chromecast. Something called TunesKit Apple Music Converter might meet your needs as it will help you convert the Apple Music songs to Chromecast supported music format.

Helpful?
Sorin
Allan Morris
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 3, 2018, 11:52:43 AM via Website

Not possible. Apple currently doesn't want to make Apple Music available to stream through the Chromecast device.

Helpful?
Sorin
Alexander Kononenko

Mar 25, 2018, 11:29:06 PM via Website

Actually there's a pretty simple way - you can cast any sound/visual from smartphone using Google Home.
At least it works on Android.

Helpful?
Sorin
chhavi jain
  • Forum posts: 15

Mar 27, 2018, 12:43:34 PM via Website

\'
'\;
'\;

Helpful?
chhavi jain
  • Forum posts: 15

Mar 27, 2018, 12:44:00 PM via Website

:'(thtrhrhh

Helpful?
Christ Cena
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 20, 2018, 4:42:45 AM via Website

Though it is not allowed to play Apple Music to Chromecast, there is still a way to play Apple Music on Chromecast. You need to get the DRM-free Apple Music then you can play Apple Music on Chromecast. Here, I recommend TuneFab Apple Music Converter which is helpful with playing Apple Music on Chromecast.

For reference: www.tunefab.com/tutorials/apple-music-on-chromecast.html

Helpful?
Sorin
Leeroy the Pizza

Feb 8, 2019, 9:00:05 PM via Website

There's a lot of incorrect information in the responses. I registered to post some easy instructions in case others have the same question and incorrectly assume that all the "no" answers mean you can't do it. You can. It's fairly easy. Alexander Kononenko had the right answer but didn't really tell people the necessary details.

In my case, I'm using the apple music app from an android phone. If you're using the apple music app from an apple phone, you can just cast to chromecast directly from the apple music app. The cast button is conspicuously absent from the Android version of Apple Music.

You can cast audio(or video) to a chromecast device from an android phone even if the android app doesn't directly support casting. You do it with an app called "Home" from Google.

Step 1. Run Home (aka Google Home). It's on the Play Store if you don't already have it installed, and it's free.
Step 2. Touch the "Account" button. On the main google Home screen, it's the bottom right button. The button looks kind of like a circle with a drawing of a person in it.
Step 3. Touch "Mirror Device" from the menu that came up after step 2
Step 4. Click "Cast Screen / Audio". It's the only button on the screen, so it's easy to find.
Step 4. Select your chromecast device. If the chromecast isn't listed, you might not be signed into your home's wifi. If you've got the device already setup in google home, it might be listed more than once. In my case, I'm casting to an Onkyo TX-RZ820 stereo with "Chromecast Built-In".
Step 5. Run the Apple Music app and play the song of your choice!

Actually, you can replace step 5 with anything you like. After steps 1-4, your phone will be using the chromecast for audio/video output from your phone. Any thing you play on your phone will also play on your chromecast. If you're playing video, you might need to tweak the settings on your phone so that the audio and video are in sync. You can google for how to do that separately.

Anyway.. as you can see, there's no hacks, third party apps, drm removal or any of that nonsense required. You can play anything on your chromecast that you could play from your Android phone. That includes music/video played through Apple Music.

Personally, I prefer Google Music over Apple Music but Verizon is giving away Apple Music subscriptions for free (if you've got a Verizon unlimited data plan) so I'm moving to Apple from Google for music. Free is for me after all.

Hope this helps clear up some of the nonsense floating around (and in this message thread). Enjoy your music, and don't worry about DRM. In this case, all the DRM in the world is a non-issue. This method isn't illegal. This method is fully supported by Google (since it uses a Google Chromecast and Google Home). Apple doesn't specify what kind of speakers or listening hardware you use in their EULA, so you aren't violating the terms or anything of the sort.

Helpful?
Sorin
Paris Young
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 18, 2019, 10:25:15 AM via Website

Chromecast allows you to cast your favorite music from music services like Spotify, Google Play Music, and Pandora to Speaker. But Apple Music is not available to stream through the Chromecast device. Here Sidify Apple Music Converter comes to rescue you: remove DRM from Apple Music songs and play Apple Music with Chromecast Audio.

Helpful?
Sorin
Annie Lee
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 8, 2019, 4:42:40 AM via Website

Just download and install AudFree Apple Music Converter on your computer, transfer Apple Music M4P files to Chromecast compatible audio files, and then you can freely sync Apple Music to Chromecast and stream Apple Muisc files to other devices via Chromecast without limit.
For more detailed tutorial, please visit: www.audfree.com/apple-music/apple-music-to-chromecast.html

Helpful?
Sorin
Line Juhl Laustsen

Mar 17, 2019, 5:59:31 PM via Website

I know this is almost a year old. And honestly dont know if anyone has suggested this?
But I want to share my way, which I found the easiest (:

I'm using a windows computer btw
And I'm streaming Apple Music to my chromecast right now.
All I did was just open iTunes (the app) and google chrome on my computer, choose 'cast descktop',
mark 'cast sound' and then it worked for me.

Helpful?
Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Apr 2, 2019, 9:02:02 AM via Website

When we want share Apple Music to others, we can't send the playlist directly, we need remove DRM protection of Apple Music, and convert Apple Music to MP3, which format is used widely in any player and mobile device. You can have a try.

Helpful?
Jellicle January

Jul 5, 2019, 11:29:35 AM via Website

The good news here is that with some tricks, streaming [Apple Music to Chromecast][1] could still be possible. So if you are using Apple Music and looking for the workaround to play Apple Music on home speakers via Chromecast, the following guide will provide you the answer.

Step 1 Download M4P songs from Apple Music
Open iTunes and go to "For You" or "New" tab where you can find the entire Apple Music category sorted by artists, albums, playlists and songs. Once selected a song, album, or playlist that you want to transfer to USB drive, click the "..." icon next to the song or album name to add the songs to "My Music" or "Playlist". When the songs are added to your music library, go to "My Music" tab to find the music file and click the cloud icon with a downward arrow to download the song so that you can play it offline.

Step 2 Add the offline tracks to TunesKit Apple Music Converter
Launch TunesKit DRM Audio Converter and add the downloaded M4P files by either clicking the second "+" button on the top center or dragging them from the folder where they are saved. It supports batch conversion so that you can import multiple music tracks to convert once.

Step 3 Select output format
After importing the songs to the software, you can select the output format according to your own needs. The currently available output formats are MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, and M4B.

Step 4 Start to remove DRM from Apple Music
When all the settings are adjusted, you can begin to crack the DRM from Apple Music songs and convert the M4P files to common formats by clicking "Convert" button.

After conversion, you can stream the DRM-free Apple Music songs to Google Chromecast easily with either Chrome on PC or AllCast app on mobile devices. Here are the tutorials you can follow.

Cast Apple Music to Chromecast Audio in 2 Simple Ways
1. Cast Apple Music Songs via Google Chrome
Step 1. Plug Chromecast into your speaker's USB port. For first-time user, you need to set up Chromecast Audio in advance.
Step 2. Open Google Chrome browser on your computer. Then drag any of the converted Apple Music songs to it and start playing the song in Chrome.
Step 3. In the "Settings' menu of Chrome, choose "Cast". Then the songs will be streamed automatically to the speaker through Chromecast. Make sure they are connected to the the same Wifi network.
2. Cast Apple Music Songs via AllCast
AllCast is a mobile app that enables you to stream media files to Chromecast Audio on iOS and Android phones.

Step 1. Copy the Apple Music songs to your mobile device and then open AllCast app.
Step 2. Connect your speaker and the mobile phone under the same Wi-Fi.
Step 3. Click the 'Cast' menu from the app and then the Apple Music will start to play on the connected speaker simultaneously.

Helpful?
caddiesytgvwo
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 17, 2019, 6:09:51 PM via Website

That is possible to cast Apple Music to chromecast. However, because Apple Music is combined with DRM protection , so you have to remove drm first.
For more info, you can visit: www.drmare.com/apple-music/stream-apple-music-to-chromecast.html

Helpful?
Spammer Gorden
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 3, 2020, 11:32:27 AM via Website

All Apple music is protected by DRM so that you cannot stream them to Chromecast directly. But you could convert Apple music to MP3 via TunesKit Audio Capture.

— modified on Jan 3, 2020, 11:32:45 AM

Helpful?
Andres Green
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 6, 2020, 7:39:11 AM via Website

Finally, Google Chromecast was chosen to be the lucky one because now Apple Music decides to support Chromecast since Sep 25th. With this support, you can stream your favorite Apple Music songs from your Android phone through Wi-Fi to your speaker. So, catch up on this great news and let's cast Apple Music to Chromecast.
Here's the guide: www.tuneskit.com/apple-music-tips/cast-apple-music-to-chromecast.html
However, this is not the end of the story. The good news only benefits Android users because the support is only been added to Apple Music for Android. If you are using iPhone or iPad, you will need some extra help to achieve the same result.

Helpful?
SSSUUU
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 7, 2020, 4:50:46 AM via Website

I use a DRmare audio converter to get Apple Music songs on Chromecast. The tool is good to save Apple Music songs so that I can play them with no network connection. Also, the quality is great and I move them to my phone and listen to them in my car.

Helpful?
henrysroberts
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 13, 2021, 9:30:38 AM via Website

You can use DumpMedia Apple Music Converter to download Apple Music songs. Then you can import your songs to Chromecast. It is convenient.

Helpful?