Google Nexus 7 (2013) — Nexus 7 (2013) charging prokblem.

• Replies:3
Alexzandra Olsen
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 7, 2016, 7:18:55 AM via Website

Hello, I have a Nexus 7 (2013), which has had a new battery installed 2 weeks ago. Now I have same problem with the battery charging and loosing power over several hours. On reading advice from forums, I have done a factory re-set, wiping everything off my tablet. Now I can't get any response from my tablet at all. I fear that re-setting has left me with no way of charging it, and now I have a black screen.
Thank you, Alex

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 7, 2016, 6:37:08 PM via Website

Alexzandra Olsen

Hello, I have a Nexus 7 (2013), which has had a new battery installed 2 weeks ago. Now I have same problem with the battery charging and loosing power over several hours. On reading advice from forums, I have done a factory re-set, wiping everything off my tablet. Now I can't get any response from my tablet at all. I fear that re-setting has left me with no way of charging it, and now I have a black screen.
Thank you, Alex

A factory reset should not disable your screen. Now that you have a black screen, it makes it harder to diagnose the problem since there is nothing/no error messages to read from the screen. You may want to take it to the store and let the technician take a look or purchase a new device. This will be a good reason to replace your 2013 device.

Alexzandra Olsen

Alexzandra Olsen
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 8, 2016, 2:29:08 PM via Website

pentel

Alexzandra Olsen

Thank you, Alex

A factory reset should not disable your screen. Now that you have a black screen, it makes it harder to diagnose the problem since there is nothing/no error messages to read from the screen. You may want to take it to the store and let the technician take a look or purchase a new device. This will be a good reason to replace your 2013 device.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is the tablet is out of warranty, and the store I bought it from has gone out of business. I had to pay $100 for the 1st repair job, (a new battery). I really can't justify spending another lot of cash on this tablet. This has been an expensive exercise.

When I try to charge the tablet, nothing happens, hence the black screen. I will have to have a think about what to do. Thank you for your help anyway. Yours Alex

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 8, 2016, 7:20:03 PM via Website

You can re-flash your tablet and bring it back to life, but this is little risky and hard . So it is better to do what pental said .
You can easily find a tutorial , if you want to fix the tablet by yourself

— modified on Jun 8, 2016, 7:20:52 PM

Ready To Help You.