Google play policy issue

• Replies:2
Reza
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 31, 2015, 2:43:20 PM via Website

I just publish new app in google play but google reject it and send to me this mail :

Policy Issue: Intellectual Property

Your app was rejected because the promotional screenshots may contain “protected works,” or content owned by a third party. Protected works can include images, music, videos, product names, brands and similar works.
Make sure you have permission to use the images in your app, including the promotional screenshots. All images in your app must comply with our intellectual property policies.

my app name is : daily wallpaper
and these are screenshots :

all image are in my own server.
can anyone help me whit this issue?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 263

Jan 1, 2016, 5:40:01 PM via Website

You need to consult the Google regarding that, You need to send an email to the Google Customer support.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page LEO Privacy Guard

S W
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 10, 2016, 12:58:18 AM via Website

I can tell you that hosting them on your server doesn't mean you own the copyright to them. For instance, the bottom right picture of the yarn on the second screen shot comes as a pre-loaded image on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (meaning they own the rights, via one method or another).

I'm not sure what your source for these images was, but (if you're not going to use images you created yourself), might I suggest that you find images with a Creative Commons license that permit commercial use (not all of them do). It would also be wise to keep documentation of this licensing status for all images used in this manner in case your use of them is ever questioned. If you find images you like that have more restrictive licensing, there is always the option of contacting the owner of the image and requesting permission to use it (be honest about your intentions, as misrepresentation could result in copyright infringement), or you can offer to purchase a license to use it (including purchasing exclusive rights, meaning you become sole owner and no one else can use it without YOUR permission). Keep in mind that purchasing only a license to use does not transfer copyright to you.

For this type of project, it would be a great benefit for you to research intellectual property rights and related infringement qualifications and laws.

— modified on Jan 10, 2016, 1:05:22 AM