Samsung Galaxy S5 — Need help in updating to lollipop and recovery of old imei

• Replies:2
Imran Karim
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 4, 2015, 7:31:15 PM via Website

I am a new android user, bought S5 (SM-G900F) which was already rooted, the baseband version is G900FXXU1ANG2 with kitkat 4.4.2. I want to upgrade my phone to Lollipop but as it was rooted the automatic software update is not working and neither is Kies of any help. I am using this phone in Pakistan.
1) Which firmware should i download and will it be compatible with the service providers here?
2) Will i loose my data?
3) If there are any future updates for lollipop will they be available through the software update option in “About Device”?
4) The old imei number was lost due to the last root, is there any possible way of getting the old imei number back?

Thomas :
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 5, 2015, 3:54:59 PM via Website

Imran Karim

I am a new android user, bought S5 (SM-G900F) which was already rooted, the baseband version is G900FXXU1ANG2 with kitkat 4.4.2. I want to upgrade my phone to Lollipop but as it was rooted the automatic software update is not working and neither is Kies of any help. I am using this phone in Pakistan.
1) Which firmware should i download and will it be compatible with the service providers here?
2) Will i loose my data?
3) If there are any future updates for lollipop will they be available through the software update option in “About Device”?
4) The old imei number was lost due to the last root, is there any possible way of getting the old imei number back?

You should reflash it with stock rom. The rom will be available at sammobile.com. Find your correct firmware and install it.

Imran Karim
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 6, 2015, 12:35:16 AM via Website

Thank you for the reply.
But the problem is how to find the right firmware, because i have no idea about the service provider of this phone was. I guess the firmware varies to the service provider. There are numeros firmwares available for s5 on sammobile.com
How to know which firmware to download?
And will the old imei be ever recovered?