Samsung Galaxy S5 — S Note Gone??? It's nowhere to be found!

• Replies:8
Joe Pedro
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 27, 2015, 8:52:51 AM via Website

Hello, I have the GS5 and it wasn't working right after the 5.1 update so I did a factory reset. Now I finished restoring all my apps but S Note wasn't there. I had S Note before the reset and now I can't find it. When I went to the Galaxy Essentials in Galaxy Apps S Note was no where to be found. I tried finding an .apk file online for it but it didn't work. How can I get it back? Thanks!

Abhiram S.
  • Forum posts: 35

Jun 27, 2015, 1:17:33 PM via Website

Try looking in settings>apps and see if s note is disabled.

Joe Pedro
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 27, 2015, 5:46:18 PM via Website

Abhiram S.

Just tried that and it didn't work...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 28, 2015, 10:43:38 AM via Website

Joe Pedro

Abhiram S.

Just tried that and it didn't work...

Do it more carefully.

Marc-André Gerbeau
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 14, 2015, 12:44:19 AM via Website

I cant find it either...S note is nowhere to be found on S5. Even in Essentials...i dont get it. :(

Hyojin Kim

Jun 17, 2016, 9:55:45 AM via Website

You can find S Note in GalaxyApps.

Laurie Henson

Jun 19, 2016, 10:39:35 PM via Website

Yes you can find it by clicking on the apps widget on your home screen. In this screen click on the three dots at 5he top right, a drop down menu appears. Click on Galaxy Essentials. Everything samsung galaxy is here. Even s note. : )

badams Pauline

Oct 29, 2016, 12:49:20 PM via Website

It actually IS NOT in galaxy essentials any more. I just did a factory reset and it is GONE. Not in apps, not in Widgets and not in Galaxy essentials.

Philscbx

Mar 28, 2018, 8:45:52 PM via Website

I see this issue occurred 2015, but just recently noticed this happen to my spare handset S4 used for special access to apps and data.
Here's what I think happened to cause SMemo to vanish.
I had recently added One Note by Microsoft, and this app has very nasty actions built in to not allow any data saved to it to be allowed or shared to other note applications.
I Truly hate OneNote. It acts all weird, where it flexes while in view like an image.
Point in case, LG V20 handset, with any attempt to paste data from One Note, it instantly crashes built in Quick Memo App.
I also tried to paste data to newsgroup I use, and the same thing happens.
So yesterday, I looked for a note app to try, that is not sensitive to One Notes action.
'NotePad Free' at Google Play works perfect, and you'll see my review there as well how astounding simple this guy developed it.
Where 'One Note' captures entire web page as you saw it, and difficult to edit, NotePad Free just saves the text.
I will also try hints others here suggested to see if update wiped out the SMemo App.
SMemo App is still present, but the hundreds of notes have vanished.
I was able using computer app on phone to locate a saved note, and it was able to import it back in.
But by default, the application should alert where to save data, to SD CARD.
I SUGGEST 'EVERNOTE' APP.
I JUST UPGRADED TO FULL VERSION ACROSS ALL DEVICES.

— modified on Mar 28, 2018, 10:28:18 PM