Have lost audio on Chrome browser after the last two updates

• Replies:7
Bernabe Echevarria
  • Forum posts: 9

Jun 12, 2015, 3:52:42 AM via Website

Relevant info of my system:

Google Chrome 43.0.2357.92 (Build oficial) (32 bits)
Revisión 01ce6ed10ff01f9edf337c5088ed3850b51bac97-refs/branch-heads/2357_78@{#3}
SO Android 4.4.2; PLT7100G Build/KOT49H
Blink 537.36 (@196332)
JavaScript V8 4.3.61.22
User agent Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; PLT7100G Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.92 Safari/537.36

My device is a Proscan Android 4.2 tablet.

Immediately after the first of the last two updates problems arrived. I always use several tabs at any given time; invariably, I always hear the streaming from WQXR. Normally, I could move from tab to tab without any problem. I even could go to another app without loosing the audio. After these updates the audio icon for the speaker started to appear at the upper-left corner on the screen but if I move to another tab and click on something the audio stops. If I open another app audio stops immediately.

I also lost the oldest part of my navigation history after the first of the last updates. Some of the lost links started to appear a few days after and at the wrong dates. Somewhere in the web I read that by deleting the Stored Data & the Cache some problems tend to be solved: I did it. The result was that I lost stored passwords and other useful data without solving anything.

Is there something that I can do to solve this issue? I've searched on the Configuration section of Chrome AWA in the Android Configuration but there isn't any solution to be found on those.

I don't remember where I read something about entering Chrome's configuration page itself (not the one you normally get by way of selecting the three dots button at the top) and I made a pair of changes there that seemed not to become anysignificant. This had no effect on the issue & now I don't remember how I got inside this page because it was not saved as part of my history even though after entering there it appeared that it was going to be saved, hum...

Anything in mind? Can an installed update be uninstalled?

Thanks in advance for any info on the above issues

Bernabe Echevarria

Jun 14, 2015, 4:24:13 PM via Website

Is this forum and/or thread dead on its track?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 15, 2015, 4:06:28 AM via Website

Don't use Chrome Browser. I am user of Mozila Firefox.

Bernabe Echevarria

Jun 15, 2015, 5:43:22 AM via Website

Thanks Rosa Rio for replying!

"Me rio al obervar que ello era una alternativa desde el principio..."

Deactivated Account

Jun 16, 2015, 10:33:26 AM via Website

Bernabe Echevarria

Thanks Rosa Rio for replying!

"Me rio al obervar que ello era una alternativa desde el principio..."

I didn't understand your writing. Please write in English.

Deactivated Account

Jun 16, 2015, 10:34:27 AM via Website

Bernabe Echevarria

Is this forum and/or thread dead on its track?

Why are you thinking this?

Bernabe Echevarria

Jun 16, 2015, 9:32:48 PM via Website

I thought that it might be so, as with other forums where I've participated, because much time pass without any answer even thogh the question is made clearly. But I'm glad it isn't.

Nonetheless, I'm still curious about going back a couple of updates in Chrome; can it be done? How?

I already have Firefox for Androd here (ver = 27). If you think that it's an old version for my OS you're right; but it was a thought decision. I explain below...

I wanted FF here at the tablet because Chrome nor Navigator (the other browser that comes with the tablet) were understood by me at the beginning. This tablet isn't mine so I needed to learn how to use it fast for been able to teach my sister (the owner) how to use it. Been able to use a known browser was an important time saving thing at the moment.

One of the things that I remember from FF was the vast amount of extensions written for it, many very useful like DownlodHelper. I learned that the latest version (which was at the time 37) had no support for the Flash plugin. Number 27 was the latest that supported the Flash plugin. So, with the addition of VideoDownloadHelper, I could transform the tablet in a learning tool even for teaching someone how to use it.

It never occured to me that I can have more than one version of FF installed here. But now that you have open my eyes and before I commit the little memory left here to this end I want to ask something specific and tangent to my issues with Chrome: can FF (latest stable version for Android 4.2) streams be heard even though I'm focused at another tab/window/app?

Thanks in advance for any info/hints concerning the above issue!

Bernabe Echevarria

Jun 17, 2015, 12:13:45 AM via Website

Sorry for the literary liberty taken. It translates to:

"I laugh at observing that it was an alternative right from the beginning".

Here, my laugh is at myself for not been able to think out of the box. Somehow, having the need for FF was COMPLETELY solved when FF 27 was installed (for my eyes only). I thought that you would understand it (judging from your name, sorry). It's rather unusual that a Caribbean person start a thread at an English speakers' forum and find out that there's a latin-american person responding when nobody else did...