Samsung Galaxy S5 — HELP! Two arrows on notification panel after new update for Galaxy S5

• Replies:14
Gatis Mickevics
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 22, 2015, 10:54:12 PM via Website

HELP. I need a big, big favour. Yesterday I GOT a new update for my Galaxy S5. And after updating on the notification panel are two arrows from the right and left. Can you please tell me what the hell that mean? I will be very happy if you guys will help me out. I tried to find in Internet about these stupid arrows. Result is 0.

PamelaMichel
  • Forum posts: 20

May 11, 2015, 7:35:49 AM via Website

Are you with Verizon? That is the very same day I got my OTA update for Lollipop 're-fix' I call it.
I have never seen those arrows before, but I'll look in my phone where it shows the icons and what they mean. If that's no help and you're with Verizon, I'd look in their community support site.

Hope this helps, will be right back after checking icons...

Peace, PamelaMichele (nerd)

PamelaMichel
  • Forum posts: 20

May 11, 2015, 7:45:11 AM via App

I looked thru all icons and two arrows going vertically were not there. I'm sorry. I was hoping to be able to help.

Rossella Macchia
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 4, 2015, 8:09:03 AM via Website

Hello,I have the same. I guess it is for LTE voice. When the net is supported you il, have these arrows

Keith Mahoney

Sep 8, 2015, 8:56:12 PM via Website

Has anyone found out what these arrows are for?

SimonDominic Kaye

Sep 13, 2015, 1:20:41 PM via Website

I just updated and now I have these arrows. Can't seem to find any info on what they are/indicate ?

Keith Clubb
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 15, 2015, 6:06:27 PM via Website

Had the same appear on my Galaxy S5 after latest update, called into "3" shop and told that it means if you have no phone signal then it will connect your call using 4G WiFi.
There is no way to turn off this feature.

emma kershaw

Sep 17, 2015, 11:58:37 PM via Website

I've jut had the update and these arrows have appeared but noticed I can't send a text message when these 2 arrows are present, I have to restart my phone in order in to send them, never had a problem until the arrows turnt up.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Sep 18, 2015, 2:46:11 AM via Website

I updated to Lollipop via OTA. But I have not found that icon on my phone. I use 3G network other than 4G.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Gemma Wood

Sep 18, 2015, 2:49:58 PM via Website

I am having exact same problem with texts also would really like these off

Utterlienutterly

Sep 18, 2015, 2:54:10 PM via Website

I have had the exact same problem. Have you found out what we can do to resolve this issue? X

Andrea

Sep 18, 2015, 8:51:41 PM via Website

I have the same issue. I contacted the tech support with my provider in my case 3. They are aware of the problem and have stopped sending out the recent update. To help fix do the following
Settings
More networks
Mobile networks
Network mode
If LTE/WCDMA/GSM is selected change it to WCDMA/GSM

Then turn off your phone , take the back off your phone to remove the SIM card and but back together, then turn on again. Hopefully you should be able to text.
If this fails you would need to speak with your network support.

I got told this is all due to moving over to 4G voice.(thinking)

VivienClaire Wood

Keith Clubb
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 25, 2015, 10:08:00 PM via Website

All you are doing there is turning off 4G and putting the phone back to 3G which defeats the object of having 4G capability.
Three.co.uk need to get the problem sorted BEFORE they enforce updates.

Claire Wood

Oct 15, 2015, 1:56:53 AM via Website

Many thanks for this info, recent update on phone software & I had that symbol appear but thanks to this post I've managed to clear them. Thanks again

Lea Schmid

Feb 25, 2016, 2:57:00 PM via Website

or just go to
settings
network connections
more networks
mobile networks
and then you disable the VoLTE Call

its basically the same. it worked for me and i didn't even have to turn off my phone