Samsung Galaxy S5 Active — Galaxy S5 WiFi wont turn on after lollipop update

• Replies:2
Matthew Palazzola
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 6, 2015, 3:09:28 AM via Website

Hi,

I recently updated to lollipop about 2 weeks ago and at the time there was no issue with my wifi connection. However I had significant battery drain. I did a Settings Reset, as I did not want to do a Factory Reset at that time, in hopes to fix that issue. Needless to say it did not work. However, a new problem developed shortly after.

My WiFi wont turn on at all. In the WiFi screen the Bar remains off and will not turn green or move to on. It is grey. Same as on the quick access menu. I can drag the bar over, or highlight the tab but it will not connect at all. I have already tried the same setting reset, pulling the battery, booting in safe mode, and also using the cache wipe. Nothing seems to have fixed the issue.

Has anyone else encountered this or know a solution? I saw that on previous operating systems that a factory reset MAY resolve the issue, as it was not successful for everyone. I don't want to lose my text messages, or other information, and hence am trying to avoid the factory reset if possible, especially if it will not fix the issue, or if it will just come back again. Will an update be released to fix this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Brian Knoll
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 23, 2016, 3:54:06 AM via Website

I am having the same issue after the June 30 2016 update. :'(

Daisy
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 28, 2017, 1:59:20 PM via Website

Same with mine too and it SUCKS !!!!!!!!