Samsung Galaxy S5 — at&t update install interrupted issue Galaxy S5

• Replies:4
Shorty Yamamoto
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 20, 2015, 6:42:27 PM via Website

Anyone have a fix yet for at&t update install interrupted problem on galaxy s5? Update was pushed at the end of august 2014 and it still won't install on my phone. 142mb update for security patches and bug fixes. Wondering if it will stop me from getting the 4.4.4 update that was released feb. 3rd 2015 that I should have got by now.

Shorty Yamamoto

Feb 24, 2015, 8:29:56 AM via App

OK found the fix. I'm am now on the current 4.4.4.

Harper Peck
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 9, 2015, 3:59:43 AM via Website

Sorry for the bump, but what was your fix? I still can't install that 142mb update

Shorty Yamamoto

Apr 9, 2015, 4:41:40 AM via App

I had to downgrade the software on my at&t galaxy s5 to the original software it came with, the build number ended with NCE. Then I had to find the next OTA update that ended with NG3 and download it in my SD card. once it's on your SD card you can side load it from the android boot menu. that's the 142mb download. the next one is OA1 which is 4.4.4. same process, put it on your SD card and side load it. once that's done you should be able to get OTA updates by searching for them in the settings. and att dropped 5.0 today. go to XDA developers website and ask those dudes. they are super smart and you should be able to find and download all the builds you need from there. or I know some people that have had luck going to best buy Samsung experience center and they can fully upgrade your device to the newest firmware.

thong smit

Apr 9, 2015, 4:41:46 AM via Website

Good news! :D