Samsung Galaxy S3 — phone will not perform hard reset

• Replies:2
COYE ROANE
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 19, 2015, 10:20:00 AM via Website

I bought a phone off Craigslist not knowing really anything about cell phones, besides calling or texting.

So I get it home and there is a screen password on phone
(obviously I dont know what it could be)

So I researched the web and everyone suggest to press the volume up button, menu at the same time along with the power button. I have performed that over twenty times and it does not work.

The phone just powers up and goes to the home screen wanting me to put a password in, The little android man never shows up.

Please help if you can.

Thanks so much

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 19, 2015, 12:51:32 PM via Website

I'd recommend contacting the previous owner. If the phone requires a password then either a) he hasn't wiped it correctly or b) it wasn't his to wipe. In either case there's going to be personal information on the phone, which could implicate you breaking the law in various scenarios just by having the phone in your possession or attempting to wipe the data. If the phone won't boot into recovery from the lock screen it could also be a setting within the phone, which basically renders it useless without the password, so in either case you need the password.

Sinkster

COYE ROANE
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 19, 2015, 1:13:40 PM via Website

YES, I TRIED GOING BACK TO ADD WERE I LOCATED IT THE FIRST TIME, NO LUCK. PRETTY MUCH I GOT SCREWED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND RESPONSE