Pocket Tale: A new game concept (GAME REVIEW)

• Replies:7
Boybu Dacquel
  • Forum posts: 9

Jan 14, 2015, 6:53:22 AM via Website

New, brilliant, and dazzling are just some of the words that first popped into my head when I heard of a game that lets you do farming and slay some monsters. A combination of Town Building and Management, team PVE, and social interaction in one (well a lot of mobile games nowadays are linking us to other players online but WTH?).

Plot: In this game your main character is a hero who was awakened by a god to help re-grow and protect an island.
Gameplay: This revolves around three (3) main things:
• Producing - You will start a town and expand it by growing crops and raising livestock. Pretty much like Farmville/Hayday.
• Battle - Team up with your friends and together defeat monsters that are invading your town
• Socialize – Well, need I say more? But majority of the missions/quests in the game involves interactions with fella players so adding more and more would really be an advantage.
- You will not run out of things to do but it tends to get repetitive at times.
- Leveling up is easy and quests are really helpful and simple
- Friends can aid in fixing withered crops, cleaning livestock pens, and more.
- Some buildings and crops and livestock activity can take up time to complete but you can always use a pearl (premium item) to speed the process.
Graphics/BGM: I can only think of 1 word for graphics: CHIBI. It is somehow cute though. Background Music is enjoyable at first but gets a bit painful in the ears after a few minutes.
- Devs need to put variation on the sound quality.
Technical: Installation is a breeze. It’s not that big of a file so you’ll get to play it right away. I’ve installed it on a Lenovo A850, Samsung Galaxy S3, and even an ASUS Zenfone 6 and it plays great.
Premium Item: Pocket Tales is free to play. However, some in-game items are available for you to purchase with real money. If you do not want to use this feature, please set up password protection for purchases in the settings of your Google Play Store app.

VERDICT: The game can be very exciting at first but as you progress it gets a bit repetitive on some of the areas. If you are looking for a game with a new concept which involves a lot of socializing with other players then this game is recommendable for you.

You can download the game from Google Playstore for free.

Arbie A.
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 19, 2015, 9:52:57 AM via Website

played farmville before and CoC now, but i never imagined that someday they will become as one?! for the creator of this, you have a brilliiant mind hahaha.. it likes you're playing a 2in1 game..you can farm and battle..wooooohh. i also like the graphics of the characters.. they're cute haha.. since you installed it on samsung s3 just like mine, so there are no problems when i installed it because we have same phone :D Thanks for this!

oh btw! I hope you post a game guide or tips on soon! :) Thanks again!

— modified on Jan 19, 2015, 9:53:42 AM

Boybu Dacquel

Jan 20, 2015, 7:13:25 AM via Website

Arbie A.

played farmville before and CoC now, but i never imagined that someday they will become as one?! for the creator of this, you have a brilliiant mind hahaha.. it likes you're playing a 2in1 game..you can farm and battle..wooooohh. i also like the graphics of the characters.. they're cute haha.. since you installed it on samsung s3 just like mine, so there are no problems when i installed it because we have same phone :D Thanks for this!

oh btw! I hope you post a game guide or tips on soon! :) Thanks again!

Sure thing!

MONSTER GUIDES~ Basic Damage related info and how to defeat the monsters strategy

I have not included the first two (2) Bosses, Rockstar and Big Boss since they are both relatively easy to defeat. Hehe. For the succeeding mobs though, here you go, so far they are the toughest bosses in the block:

Monster Name: Texas

Attacking Damage/Skills: If your character’s based Def is 35 then Horn 40+/-; Charge 70+/-; Back Leg Kick 70+/-;

Note: If the tanker’s Def is above 40 and the Damage Dealer’s ATK is 50 or above, the Back Leg Kick Skill will be launched by Texas every time a skill with aggressive style is made. Do not use too much aggressive skills for the long ranged characters because their Def is weak. Keep your ranged attackers and healers from getting near Texas.

Monster Name: Kani Kani

Attacking Damage/Skills: If your character’s based Def is 40 then Claw Attack 45+/-; Drops Attack 90+/-; Wide Turning Attack 70+/-;

Note: You should use a Tanker with Def 50 above and Damage Dealer with Atk 60 above, you should be able to deal with the minions quickly and Warrior needs to constantly move around after using War Cry.

Monster Name: Dragon

Attacking Damage/Skills: If your character has full Def then Normal Attack is 45+/-; Whirl Attack is 100+/-; Breath Attack is 100+/-;

Note: There is no standard tip. Other players who has reached and battled the Dragon already had their characters with Full Atk and Def. Since the Dragon cannot be attacked when on a cliff while using Breath Attack, it would be recommendable if you will have a long ranged attacker. Suggested team up would be, 1 Warrior, 2 Sorcerers, and 2 Wizards.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 17

Jan 20, 2015, 1:11:47 PM via Website

Great Game.. Also Try Android Wear Game: Tiny Table Tennis

Boybu Dacquel

Jan 21, 2015, 2:46:37 AM via Website

NancyDukes

Great Game.. Also Try Android Wear Game: Tiny Table Tennis

Hey NancyDukes! I'm glad you like it :) I am trying to research some tips and tricks as well

AJ Lopez
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 21, 2015, 7:24:27 AM via Website

Can you show some screen shots of this game? You are telling that this game has a great and beautiful graphics but nobody seems to posts a screenshot of this game? And I want more information and read some game reviews of this game. But, I will make a try for this game. I hope that you will respond to my post. Thank you!

alvin ortega
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 22, 2015, 8:43:52 AM via Website

AJ Lopez

Can you show some screen shots of this game? You are telling that this game has a great and beautiful graphics but nobody seems to posts a screenshot of this game? And I want more information and read some game reviews of this game. But, I will make a try for this game. I hope that you will respond to my post. Thank you!

Hi there AJ Lopez, I just downloaded pocket tales 3 days ago, and I'm still playing it, it's cool! Its like your playing clash of clans and farmville at the same time. also it makes it RPG because your gonna have a hero and of course it needs to level up to become strong. Fast and reliable resources. Over all, it's a great game. I took a photo of my base for you to see it but there's something wrong about the insert image I guess. But try it, It's cool.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 17

Jan 28, 2015, 8:25:57 AM via Website

yeah i really liked it. Thanks.