Slower Android ? What did you do to fight with it ?

• Replies:7
Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Oct 17, 2014, 8:03:00 AM via Website

Hi all,

I've been thinking (thinking) a lot lately this whole week that why Android phones slowed down after a while I know its because of the temporary files, apps, sometimes bugs, viruses etc. I have seem some people walking down the support "Why my device is running slow and show device out of memory?" What they do is keep pushing their device to the extreme extent and then start getting pissed over other's ! :P

What I use to do with my device to keep it working smooth as butter is:

• Clearing the Temporary files periodically (I do this every weekend) (angel)
  • I do make sure that I never installed apps other than PlayStore (lightbulb)
  • Never loads up my device with junk apps. (angry)

What you guys do to make your device running like butter or you are also the one who keep getting pissed because of the slower device? :D

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Oct 17, 2014, 5:36:11 PM via Website

Root and remove Samsung and some Google Bloatwares.
Factory reset every 6 months or less
only install the apps i use the most.
this is all what i do.

Ready To Help You.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Oct 17, 2014, 9:18:59 PM via Website

Buy a Nexus ;)

Seriously though, for non-rooted users the best option is a regular reboot to clear your caches. For rooted users there are a plethora of apps aimed at speeding up your phone, some of which are pretty handy. Since ICS (android 4.0) RAM managers are no longer needed, and they actually cause more problems than they attempt to solve. Similarly, cache cleaners are handy but generally do what you can do yourself easily using a file manager or a reboot. The best advice is: keep your apps up to date, and clean out apps/data/files you don't use. Good devs will always check for memory leakage, excessive battery use, or general code improvement, to keep their app popular. I use SDMaid, which can clean apps and their data, delete defunct internal data from uninstalled apps, optimise your databases, and let you filter out duplicate or hidden files in your internal/external memory

Sinkster

Rene Harris

Brett Hermance
  • Forum posts: 8

Oct 19, 2014, 2:33:02 AM via Website

I do the same thing. :-)

Stan Jez
  • Forum posts: 51

Oct 26, 2014, 2:18:04 AM via Website

I have a nexus 7 (first model). I love it, although just lately it's just so laggy. I've done all the fixes ive read about and have a app that clears temp files, cache and frees memory for a brief respite but it still doesnt fly like it used to.
The only thing I haven't done is a full factory reset.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Oct 26, 2014, 3:26:43 PM via App

Stan Jez

I have a nexus 7 (first model). I love it, although just lately it's just so laggy. I've done all the fixes ive read about and have a app that clears temp files, cache and frees memory for a brief respite but it still doesnt fly like it used to.
The only thing I haven't done is a full factory reset.

Yes sometimes factory resetting is the ultimate solution to get rid of the slowness of the Android system. And for you I would say try performing a factory reset but first do backup your data before moving forward with factory reset.

Rene Harris

Aleksandrs Solovjovs
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 26, 2014, 9:06:04 PM via Website

I did not need to reset my settings.. Yes, my tablet became slower after the 4.4.2 update, but not significantly.. Actually I'm usin' some free apps to clean my device every day.. And it works..

Aleksandrs Solovjovs
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 26, 2014, 9:06:51 PM via Website

Yeah, the restart works pretty well..