sim card

• Replies:6
  • Answered
Russell Wilson
  • Forum posts: 50

Sep 25, 2014, 9:29:43 AM via App

So back in June, my samsung galaxy s4 stopped reading my sim card. I tried replacing it multiple times but it just won't work. my phone is essentially a miniature tablet. I can only use it when connected to wifi and for calls and text messages I have a cheap samsung flip phone. does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this. It's not a big deal because I'm replacing it with the note 4 in a couple week; but I would still like to use it until the note is released.
p.s. I have already tried a factory reset.

— modified on Sep 25, 2014, 9:32:31 AM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Sep 25, 2014, 10:42:03 AM via App

Well, it looks like the problem is with your S4 sim card slot, anyway have you tried putting different sim card to check wether the problem is with sim card or ... :? if still you can't get through then I guess you may need to visit nearest support for fixing this one up.

Russell Wilson

Sep 25, 2014, 7:55:16 PM via App

I think the problem is with the newer sim cards. I put an old card in and even though it's not an active sim any more, the phone still recognized it as a sim card.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 26, 2014, 10:42:36 AM via Website

The best thing I can suggest is a version of the classic Nintendo ''Magic Blow''. Just take it out and give it a good wipe on your shirt.

If the device is reading other SIM cads then it is clearly not a hardware issue but a problem with the SIM itself.

I'm pretty sure you can get a replacement SIM for a fee if you want to keep your number.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Russell Wilson

Sep 27, 2014, 7:10:20 AM via App

I'm sorry to say, it didn't work. But like I said, it's not a big deal, I'll have the note 4 in a couple week. Thanks for your help though.

— modified on Sep 27, 2014, 7:10:37 AM

Russell Wilson

Oct 17, 2014, 5:28:10 AM via App

so today, my s4 suddenly started working. I don't know why or how but it did. I guess it just doesn't want to be replaced lol