Google Nexus 4 — Several times Nexus 4 Won't turn

• Replies:3
avengeorge
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 11, 2014, 12:05:32 AM via Website

Hello,

This is the fourth time mi nexus 4 won't turn on. The first three times I've been able to reestablish using the reset/hard reset procedure (Power+Volume Down, 15sec, plug, etc.), but the last time my phone was dead almost 48h. It came back when plugged it to my laptop.

My question is,

Do I have to perform a factory reset to prevent for further issues?
What else can I do to avoid that?
Is something with my Operating system?
Is maybe my battery? My charger?

All of this happens within 3 or 4 weeks...

Thanks in advance for your help

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Sep 11, 2014, 12:16:23 AM via Website

There's a few possible reasons so I'll presume your phone is totally stock (no root or custom kernel/rom). There was an update to Chrome which changed webview, and the Nexus 4 isn't coping too well with it, so try using a different browser like Firefox. Also, there's a bug in some Nexus 4s where if the phone goes to sleep whilst connected to a wifi network it will enter a sod (screen of death) where it has to be rebooted.

Sinkster

avengeorge
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 11, 2014, 12:22:28 AM via Website

Thank you Sinkster,

It is totally stock, and will try using Firefox. I guess no problem with the other issue because I'm always on wifi, but just to be sure, the "sleep mode" will kick as the battery is empty?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Sep 11, 2014, 12:31:50 AM via Website

No, if you don't use your phone for a while it enters 'deep sleep', where the processor(s) are running at a minimum. With some Nexus 4s, when this happens it won't wake up again and will appear to be off.

Sinkster