Samsung Galaxy S5 — Samsung Galaxy s5 SM-G900H still on stock firmware?

• Replies:13
Brian
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 4, 2014, 3:16:13 AM via App

Hi I have recently gotten a Samsung Galaxy s5 model sm-g900h, I've noticed there is now two updates since this models release, however I am still on the stock firmware, and whenever I check for updates OTA it says latest updates installed, and with Kies, it says it's running the latest firmware. My question is, is this normal? Or should it have already been able to update, at least to the first update that was rolled out? Thanks ahead for any and all help!

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 4, 2014, 6:18:32 AM via Website

Well @Brain I Would say if by checking over the OTA tells you that your'e with the latest update means that you are with the latest updates there's no need to worry about I think your vendor hasn't still push the update OTA. Wait for a bit more while you will get the update... :)

Brian

Aug 5, 2014, 1:52:53 AM via App

Well the thing is, it's the international variant of the s5 and the country code, if I'm correct, is for Iran, I'm in Canada and my service provider is Telus, so I don't think that even the Telus update would even come through.

Brian

Aug 5, 2014, 2:57:08 AM via App

Does anybody know if, even though the country code is 'THR' would I still get the updates from Telus because of having my Telus SIM card in? Sorry I'm just a little worried I may have gotten a phone that I will not be able to update.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 5, 2014, 5:20:23 AM via Website

Brian

Does anybody know if, even though the country code is 'THR' would I still get the updates from Telus because of having my Telus SIM card in? Sorry I'm just a little worried I may have gotten a phone that I will not be able to update.

if your phone is unlocked you can flash other country firmware.

you can change CSC code to match the Firmware or
you can change Firmware to match CSC code

Ready To Help You.

Brian

Aug 5, 2014, 2:11:30 PM via App

It is unlocked, I'm not very experienced in that field if I do any of those options, will my phone be reset to factory settings?

Chooks
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 5, 2014, 3:20:14 PM via App

Hi Brian, CSC code change if i remember correctly resets the device..in the older generations it was easier to manage but nowadays its different..i cant even open the CSC options..Bottom line..if (connected to) Kies 3 or "update" settings says your firmware is up to date don't rock it unless you're into rooting and flashing ROMs..upgrades do get delayed due to telco requiem..even though your phone is unlocked, the SIM card plays a part cuz it's dependent on the telco..

— modified on Aug 5, 2014, 3:23:06 PM

Brian

Aug 5, 2014, 7:35:00 PM via App

Thanks everybody for the information, does anybody know when Telus is supposed to receive an update for the S5 or if it has already?

Fahim
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 2, 2014, 6:18:04 AM via Website

Dear members, i have the same issue as Brian has mentioned above, I am using the Phone in Pakistan and have the following further details:

Product Code SMG900HZKATHR
PDA version G900HXX41ANE2
CSC version G900HOJVAND4
Android version 4.4.2

country is stated as UAE

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Sep 2, 2014, 7:07:34 AM via Website

Fahim

Dear members, i have the same issue as Brian has mentioned above, I am using the Phone in Pakistan and have the following further details:

CSC version G900HOJVAND4
Android version 4.4.2

country is stated as UAE

You have the latest version.
if you device is unlocked, you can flash Iran, Bahrain, Pakistan or UAE firmware. But still they all have the same version .

Ready To Help You.

Fahim

Sep 3, 2014, 5:06:19 AM via Website

mobile crackers

Fahim

CSC version G900HOJVAND4
Android version 4.4.2

country is stated as UAE

You have the latest version.
if you device is unlocked, you can flash Iran, Bahrain, Pakistan or UAE firmware. But still they all have the same version .

Thank you for the quick response

katefsd

Sep 9, 2014, 10:10:22 PM via Website

Brain , Can you use other company connection in your iPhone 6 like xxsim it is roaming free all over the word or it is used only with specific sim card?

Frosty
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 26, 2015, 9:48:08 PM via Website

I just got a SM-G900H and trying to figure out how to know what country the origin is. How do I find this out It's an unlocked international version. This is all new to me, and Samsung support, that I called said it's a non US phone so they can't help me.