Samsung Galaxy S4 mini — How to delete the Dropbox app?

• Replies:9
Bengt BERG
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 25, 2014, 12:32:42 AM via Website

I downloaded Dropbox but want to eliminate it completely. It seems not possible. Only disable seems possible.

— modified on Apr 25, 2014, 4:28:38 PM by moderator

Bengt BERG

Apr 25, 2014, 10:23:30 AM via Website

Not possible.... Only alternative is "Disable"

Bengt BERG

Apr 25, 2014, 11:19:55 AM via Website

Maybe because I now have a million thumbnails (all my pics and files from my Dropbox account) somewhere in the phone memory. I can not find out where and how to eliminate them..... Or are they loaded from Dropbox each time I use Gallery??? I did find a way to disable them in the Gallery though.... Do I have to "Factory" reset the phone and start the installation from scratch to get rid of the Dropbox issue???

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 25, 2014, 11:55:10 AM via Website

Bengt BERG

Maybe because I now have a million thumbnails (all my pics and files from my Dropbox account) somewhere in the phone memory. I can not find out where and how to eliminate them..... Or are they loaded from Dropbox each time I use Gallery??? I did find a way to disable them in the Gallery though.... Do I have to "Factory" reset the phone and start the installation from scratch to get rid of the Dropbox issue???

Well, I find out why you can't uninstall it its because you're not rooted ! I am a rooted user.... I am afraid but until or unless you've rooted your device you can't uninstall it.

Bengt BERG

Apr 25, 2014, 11:57:03 AM via Website

OK...Thanks

tsg756
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 26, 2014, 11:35:38 AM via Website

if ur device is rooted

try the app link2sd

this app was made to transfer files frm internal storage to sd but it also supports system app uninstallations

roy Ellis
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 30, 2014, 2:56:17 AM via App

also app manager 3 also does this. if you haven't moved it to your SD card yet you'll find it under movable just long press it and choose the uninstall option

magez
  • Forum posts: 16

Apr 30, 2014, 4:51:49 PM via Website

Because samsung add Dropbox as system build-in application, so you can't uninstall it without root your phone