Huawei Ascend P6 — wow ascend p6

• Replies:12
Dennis
  • Forum posts: 7

Dec 14, 2013, 7:03:47 PM via Website

i recently have this huawei ascend p6.....
i bought it because of its good price attracting design... cool features... and uniqness...
at first usage is good but as long as im trying to explore these phone this are the issues!!!

-wifi always disconnected....
- 100 themes where are they?
-camera images cant change its location.
-viber what the heck it takes too long sometimes not accesble.. same as the yahoo messenger calling and videocalls...
-memory card always having issues i used branded cards....
-upadating firmware issue... jst stick only at 4.2? my htc one and SG s4 already at smooth 4.3....

to sum it all up i havent exprience such failure like this... ilove the phone for some reason as i mentioned up part,
but what the hech! i tried to visit the official site but WOW!!!!! no respnce....
can some one explain me this and give me a good advice of this...
cause im on the stage of regreting having this phone...
pls hope some 1 will reply with this or even admins...
thanks alot...

Dennis

Dec 15, 2013, 6:55:27 PM via Website

no one is replying what a cute forum... same as how cute this mobile is....
what a shame....
so disapointing.... if only i could turn back time i will not buy this phone!!!

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 16, 2013, 9:10:35 AM via Website

It's not a hugely popular phone, which is the problem, the p2 had the same issue. Really nice looking though, apparently the build quality rivals or even betters the iphone. KitKat should arrive in January, though as usual it'll depend on your carrier. There is a P6 forum over on xda with a few custom roms/kernels/recoveries.

Sinkster

Dennis

Dec 18, 2013, 10:29:40 PM via Website

a forum the no one cares to respond and help.... this is great same as how this phone is....

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Dec 19, 2013, 11:49:43 AM via Website

Hey @Dennis, have you checked the other threads in the Huawei Ascend P6 forum? There's plenty of folk discussing the Wi-Fi issue (I unfortunately don't have a fix as I never experienced it on my P6) and the themes are covered in their very own thread so I won't reproduce those instructions here.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by camera locations? Are you talking about the location metadata attached to images taken on the phone?

I haven't heard of any specific instant messenger launch issues but the SD card reading has popped up a few times. have a read through the other threads and see if anyone else has experienced the same problem (again, our P6 worked fine).

The P6 is still rolling on Android 4.2 but will get KitKat in January according to the company.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 19, 2013, 12:01:13 PM via Website

Like I said before, the best thing to do is check XDA as there aren't many P6 users here to give specific answers to your questions. Here's a link to the relevant forum.

Sinkster

Dennis

Dec 20, 2013, 12:13:12 PM via Website

just help me and teach me how to upadate its firmware... coz im newly to this phone and ill be honest,
i used 2 major brand sch as sony and samsung but i nver expirience such issues same on this p6,
but i cant change that i already brought it so im dealing with it...

- how to update its firmware?
- how to download its theams and where?
-camera image location dcim how can i change it to sd card dcim..
and last... is this a wifi ceritied mobile? coz im always expirience a normal signal drop of wifi....
not same strong as my other mobles... tnx..

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Dec 20, 2013, 5:01:11 PM via Website

Hi Dennis,

Sinkster & Kris have tried to help you by directing you to the best source possible to help your issue. As mentioned to you there aren't many P6 users here. Have you checked out those links?

Dennis

Dec 22, 2013, 9:25:32 PM via Website

another thing how can i remove the vibration on the unlocking the screen and remove vibration over typing...
coz everytime i unlock my p6 it vibrates... even in typing such as txting (etc, typing) just typing... i cant find the settings for it,,
i already close the vibrations and heptc feedback but still vbrates on ulocking and in texting in keyboard... tnx... pls help/.

Nik Burin
  • Forum posts: 53

Dec 23, 2013, 8:02:28 AM via App

@Dennis people tried to help you,but it seems you're ignoring all the helpful info and just want to 'cry' about it

p.s. sorry for being so straight forward

Dennis

Dec 24, 2013, 8:28:35 PM via Website

@ nik yeah i understand being straight forward... but this how it is... its easy for you to say or to comment because you are in not in my place, and last if you do expirience the thing im having right now you will also do same thing as i am... in need info.. i need help i own xperia z and s4 and i ddnt have any prob same as im facing right now... i owned before galaxy s and motorola razr xt910 works fine.

ok ok ok admin mary and admin kris with all respect mam sir i appriciate much your help, but this is also...
you are in this forum,2nd you use same moble (p6) as a side you also have idea on its usage and how it do fine as you....

why bigdeal? i purchase three colors... black (my bro) pink (for my wife) and white(for me)... im facing same probs all those three....
im not lying im not playing i know and i hope you understand how i feel... now, i noticed much bigger prob same as the previous....

those 3 p6 b107... it notfys me to update to b118 but im afraid that it may cause bgger prob more than im facing...
i dont know the latest version i searched but there is no stable answer which one..
and another... the wifi drops often... during stand by... during phone is lock... and when i unlock it will turn back again... even i turn it on as stand by it realy drops and crtainly cmebck again then drops.... same rotation...
i tried the settings such as always on even sleep avoid poor cnnction almst most of option to wifi settings...
xda forums? huawei club? even facebook i tried to ask....
and to sum it up...
if i did find answers i will not disturb you guys... im not mad or what but this frustrates me... i hope and i wish with all respect, you can understand why i am like this and hope and wish to help me with this one...

thankyou...

Dennis

Dec 24, 2013, 8:54:09 PM via Website

now i just tried other thing...
restarted my router my whole internet connection and even try to restart also those p6....
also tried to factory reset same issues with wifi...
i dont know what to do.... :(

Chris Dawson
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 5, 2014, 2:34:38 PM via Website

WIFI Issue -

I recently got an Ascent P6 and had the Wifi issue a lot of people reported. I upgraded to the latest firmware available in my region (B116 Iirc) and unfortunatly, I still had issues. I googled a bit and found someone suggesting I version B1125 which wasnt available in my region. I downloaded it and installed manually from my SD card. At first it seemed to improve but eventually the Wifi problem returned.

I did some more googling and found someone suggesting that they only had problems with their dual band router. My router is dual band (G/N) and was outputting both at the same time. I changed the settings on my router to output G only (far more reliable and stable than N) and low and behold, the wifi problem has gone. My P6 hasn't dropped wifi since (around a week).

If you have a dual band router, set it to G only. See how it goes. I can only imagine that as the P6 supports both G & N, it was getting confused between the 2 signals on the same SSID and jumping between the 2 or dropping it completely.

Obviously not the perfect solution and there is clearly an issue with the wifi chip or programming not knowing how to manage multiple bands BUT, its a solution and it worked for me.

Good luck. My P6 is superb. Love it.

— modified on Jan 5, 2014, 2:50:19 PM