The typical question. iOS or Android?

• Replies:11
StevenThelin
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 1, 2013, 3:42:30 PM via Website

Hey everyone!

First of all, I am new here. I joined with the vision of getting my question answered, but then i fell over some other threads, and found this forum exciting. So i might stick around for awhile.
*Excuse me if i posted this the wrong place*

Brief:

I currently am in the situation where.. Yes, I am sick of my iPhone.

It's a GREAT phone! It's fast, stylish, and durable (atleast so far!).
But i miss the lack of customization.

Untill last december, i've had android phones. However, back then they were slow. The fastest one I've had, was a Galaxy S II. It was fast back then, but when i use my friend's now, it's so laggy and edgy.

I am really considering getting an Android. But there's a few things holding me back..

iPhone
  1. + I have an iPhone 5. It's fast.
  2. + My iPhone 5 is stylish.
  3. + I have 2 MacBook Pro's, an iMac, Apple TV, iPod and an iPad. So i fear the communication between Android and them.
  4. + The applications. I personally find Appstore filled with higher-of-quality applications.
  5. + iCloud. It stores my contacts and stuff. But Android's got an alternative for that tho.
  6. + iMessage. I love being able to chat from my macbook to iPhones, without confuse. And fast iPhone-to-iPhone chat without the recievant have to download specific software.
  7. + Reputation. Call me childish, but i just find it "cooler" to have an iPhone..
  8. - Screensize. God it's starting to annoy me. I like having a big badass phone.
  9. - Features. I personally think that the iPhone 5 lacks features.
  10. +/- Jailbreak. Jailbreaking the iPhone gives it alot of awesome features! But having the need to jailbreak it, sucks. Also it makes it impossible to update to the newest immediately. Also yet jailbroken, the system is still very limited. Also it takes a lot of time for it to come out. I haven't had my phone jailbroken for 8 months.

Android
  1. ++ CUSTOMIZATION!
  2. ++ The freedom to do basically what you want with the phone.
  3. + Screensize; I find the iPhone 5 screen a tat too small. I miss a bigger size phone, eg the Galaxy S II.
  4. - I fear the speed? Will they be as snappy as i am used to on my iPhone?
  5. - Durability. I remember the old Android phones went slow in just a few weeks due to cache's and stuff. How does that seem now?
  6. + Features. I think that most Android phones have got some very interesting features. Eg: One Blink Feed, Note 3 S-Pen, S3/4 eye-motion detector.
  7. + No-jailbreak. Altho Android have the ability to get rooted, it's not necessary (unless you want flashed ROM's). I find that great for my needs, since i love customizing and changing my homescreen-layout / phone functionality on a day-to-day basis. Also iPhone jailbreaks takes a lot of time to come out.

I am very unsure of what to do. It's very hard!
I really like my iPhone, but i miss the lack of customization.

My heart tells me to keep my iPhone, but my brain and inner-geek tells me to go fetch an android.
If it was up to me, i'd have both. But i don't have the money to get a new Android and keep my iPhone. Then i will have to sell my iPhone first.

Could you guys possible give me some aspects and viewpoints on this? I am open for critiques, since i am not coloured of "what's better or worse". I just want personal views.
Also, have anyone gone from iPhone 5 to Android? And did you regret it? (Which i am afraid that i MAYBE will).

And if you advice me to get an Android: Which one?

Thanks in advance! :)

B Henry

alexcool
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 1, 2013, 4:15:23 PM via App

Galaxy note 3 is the best

StevenThelin

Dec 1, 2013, 5:10:57 PM via Website

How is it battery wise? And is it too big?

B Henry

Dec 5, 2013, 5:09:07 PM via Website

I think you should go for an android device and see how you like it! In the end you can always sell it back and get your Iphone back.

I personally started with Android but I have plenty of friends who were HARDCORE IPhone owners who would fight you to the death on how great Iphones are , who by some chance of fate had to get an android for a short period of time. They have all at one point or another had a chance to switch back to Iphone but they are all still android.

I can't tell you directly what it will be like but to see die hard IPhone fans in love with their android speaks volumes.

If I were to suggest a phone for you to get, I would suggest the Nexus 5. It's just awesome!

Atif Naser
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 20, 2013, 5:49:53 AM via Website

dude go for galaxy note 3 you will get experience of tablet and phone from single device. this device is just like made in heaven

plck74
  • Forum posts: 50

Dec 20, 2013, 6:00:51 AM via App

note 3 is the best. they are phanlet. battery is still the top option. i dont hate iphone but sometime thier spec comparison to android spec is quite funny. i encourage you to get note 3.

AJ STA ANA
  • Forum posts: 54

Dec 24, 2013, 7:27:23 PM via App

if you like the design of iphone and customization of android you should buy a Huawei Ascend p6

Dwarfer66
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 31, 2013, 4:18:05 AM via Website

I would go with a galaxy S4, great speed, and screen size, even better now I'm running cyanogen 10.2. The reason I don't use iphones is the proprietary software you have to use, I like the ability to install ANYTHING on my phone, not just crapple approved stuff.

rob d.

rob d.
  • Forum posts: 35

Dec 31, 2013, 11:20:32 PM via Website

I just went android and Samsung galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. I had been using an iphone 5. I have no regrets leaving iOS. You can text from your PC or Mac with AirDroid Desktop Application.
StevenThelin
Hey everyone!

First of all, I am new here. I joined with the vision of getting my question answered, but then i fell over some other threads, and found this forum exciting. So i might stick around for awhile.
*Excuse me if i posted this the wrong place*

Brief:

I currently am in the situation where.. Yes, I am sick of my iPhone.

It's a GREAT phone! It's fast, stylish, and durable (atleast so far!).
But i miss the lack of customization.

Untill last december, i've had android phones. However, back then they were slow. The fastest one I've had, was a Galaxy S II. It was fast back then, but when i use my friend's now, it's so laggy and edgy.

I am really considering getting an Android. But there's a few things holding me back..

iPhone
  1. + I have an iPhone 5. It's fast.
  2. + My iPhone 5 is stylish.
  3. + I have 2 MacBook Pro's, an iMac, Apple TV, iPod and an iPad. So i fear the communication between Android and them.
  4. + The applications. I personally find Appstore filled with higher-of-quality applications.
  5. + iCloud. It stores my contacts and stuff. But Android's got an alternative for that tho.
  6. + iMessage. I love being able to chat from my macbook to iPhones, without confuse. And fast iPhone-to-iPhone chat without the recievant have to download specific software.
  7. + Reputation. Call me childish, but i just find it "cooler" to have an iPhone..
  8. - Screensize. God it's starting to annoy me. I like having a big badass phone.
  9. - Features. I personally think that the iPhone 5 lacks features.
  10. +/- Jailbreak. Jailbreaking the iPhone gives it alot of awesome features! But having the need to jailbreak it, sucks. Also it makes it impossible to update to the newest immediately. Also yet jailbroken, the system is still very limited. Also it takes a lot of time for it to come out. I haven't had my phone jailbroken for 8 months.

Android
  1. ++ CUSTOMIZATION!
  2. ++ The freedom to do basically what you want with the phone.
  3. + Screensize; I find the iPhone 5 screen a tat too small. I miss a bigger size phone, eg the Galaxy S II.
  4. - I fear the speed? Will they be as snappy as i am used to on my iPhone?
  5. - Durability. I remember the old Android phones went slow in just a few weeks due to cache's and stuff. How does that seem now?
  6. + Features. I think that most Android phones have got some very interesting features. Eg: One Blink Feed, Note 3 S-Pen, S3/4 eye-motion detector.
  7. + No-jailbreak. Altho Android have the ability to get rooted, it's not necessary (unless you want flashed ROM's). I find that great for my needs, since i love customizing and changing my homescreen-layout / phone functionality on a day-to-day basis. Also iPhone jailbreaks takes a lot of time to come out.

I am very unsure of what to do. It's very hard!
I really like my iPhone, but i miss the lack of customization.

My heart tells me to keep my iPhone, but my brain and inner-geek tells me to go fetch an android.
If it was up to me, i'd have both. But i don't have the money to get a new Android and keep my iPhone. Then i will have to sell my iPhone first.

Could you guys possible give me some aspects and viewpoints on this? I am open for critiques, since i am not coloured of "what's better or worse". I just want personal views.
Also, have anyone gone from iPhone 5 to Android? And did you regret it? (Which i am afraid that i MAYBE will).

And if you advice me to get an Android: Which one?

Thanks in advance! :)

— modified on Dec 31, 2013, 11:21:53 PM

gaargz
  • Forum posts: 10

Jun 30, 2020, 3:38:39 AM via Website

I don’t understand why this debate is necessary, everyone can choose what suits him best.

HeatherVaV
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 6, 2020, 4:56:48 PM via Website

Very useful, thanks