Unresponsive Touch screen Quotation

• Replies:2
  • Closed
Moses Njuguna
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 12:13:57 PM via Website

I am new to this as I just joined this forum. I bought My Xperia PLAY mid last year, a few weeks after it was released and I must say I enjoyed using it. Last week the phone experienced some issues with the touchscreen becoming unresponsive intermittently for a day. Whenever this happened I removed the battery then returned it and by then the phone resumed normalcy until two days later when it became totally unresponsive. I live in Nairobi, Kenya where we have only one authorised Sony Ericsson repair centre. They explained that the software could be the cause but it turned out it's the hardware. They gave me a quotation of Kes.15,000 which is equivalent to USD182 or GBP112. I always thought that sending it to the UK would be cheaper as I got a quotation from buzz-box of GBP60 which I can afford. My question is would I be right sending it to the UK for repairs? The follow up question how many days will it take to be repaired? In Kenya roughly 2 weeks as the parts need to be imported. Kindly get back to me ASAP. Much appreciated.

Rozy Kibz
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 13, 2013, 11:01:10 AM via Website

Hello

Kindly let me know where the Sony authorised repair shop is i have tried google but nothing showing please assist me thanks.

Regards

Rozy

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Jun 13, 2013, 11:11:43 AM via Website

youre replying to a thread which is over a year old - your most likely not going to get an answer. Closing this thread as you are just trying to spam.