On the way!

• Replies:5
Randy Merrell
  • Forum posts: 58

Feb 28, 2012, 2:16:43 PM via Website

My Triumph is on it way to me. It could arrive as early as today. My previous phone was a Motorola Droid. I left Verizon and waited for months to get in on the beta for Republic, but I needed to have a phone. So I've given up on Republic for now and will go with Virgin Mobile. In the interim I've been using Skype. I paid $60 for a year of Skype calling with a number.

I'm ready to root my Triumph soon after I get it. Also I think I'll move my 16 Gig card from the Droid over to the Triumph.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 28, 2012, 3:43:21 PM via Website

Congrats! Have you already checked the XDA forums to see which ROMS are available for that Triumph?

Randy Merrell

Feb 28, 2012, 3:50:25 PM via Website

I can't find anything labeled XDA forums. B)

Randy Merrell

Feb 28, 2012, 5:00:23 PM via Website

So all I really care about is the ability to use the phone as a hotspot or at least tether. I was under the impression just rooting the phone would enable that feature. Will I need to install a custom rom? I was reading that some of them don't support all the features of the phone. Like bluetooth, and HDMI. I confess my ignorance. Any information you care to share with me is appreciated. My plan right now is to just root it using super one click. :cold:

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 29, 2012, 2:38:53 PM via Website

No problem bud, and your certainly not ignorant. We are all here to learn!

The good news is that most custom roms had added/included the tethering feature, so you should have no issues! Currently, Ice Cream Sandwich ROMS dont have bluetooth (most of them) as the devs are still working on implementing that feature, but all features are fine and very stable on Gingerbread ROMS.