Samsung Galaxy S2 — Phone not vibrating while receiving notifications.

• Replies:5
Ricardo van der Starre
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 28, 2012, 1:03:09 PM via Website

Hi,

I got my SGS2 for almost two weeks now and sinds yesterday there's something wrong with the vibration.
When I get a text message, whatsapp message or a wordfeud, facebook, or email notification the phone won't vibrate.
I think it's a software problem and not a hardware problem cause yesterday I was using facebook chat and it vibrated whenever I got a new message but only while I was in the app. When I went back to the homescreen I would get a facebook chat notification but no vibration. When I receive a call the phone does vibrate. I did a hard reset but the problem still remains. What do I do?
I don't wanna take my phone back to the store and have to miss it for two weeks or something, but I guess it's all I can do...

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jan 30, 2012, 12:49:32 PM via Website

Is the phone rooted? Also, did you double check that vibration is enabled for "always" in the sound settings?

Ricardo van der Starre
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 30, 2012, 4:21:39 PM via Website

The phone is not rooted. And I checked the sound settings. I even checked the settings in each individual app but all the apps have vibration enabled.

Eric McBride

Jan 30, 2012, 6:31:39 PM via Website

Thats really odd. Maybe a factory reset will do the trick? If that doesnt help, you could very well have a defective device :-(

Rushabh Parekh
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 11:17:55 AM via Website

Hey Ricardo...i hav been facing the similar problem since past few days...my phone vibrates during a call and not in messages , whatsapp and other stuff...did you get any solution... pls do reply..

Eric McBride

Mar 8, 2012, 3:48:04 PM via Website

Do you guys have notificiations set to sound and vibrate?