My contact names dont appear on my messages it only shows thier number

• Replies:10
Louise Raley
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 15, 2012, 6:40:25 PM via Website

Can anyone help?
I do like my htc phone and was ver impressed with it, buyt now names dont appear on my messages instead its just the number can anyone help?
i think i may have force quit an application that makes it happen, anyone know what i can do?

many thanks
Louise

I have a HTC Cha Cha phone

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 16, 2012, 11:29:26 AM via Website

If it's just a matter of you having force quit an application then just restart the phone and that should automatically reset all background applications.

Hope that helps.

Louise Raley

Jan 16, 2012, 9:56:13 PM via Website

Thank you for that. its all sorted now just the other problem is my phone keeps saying i have a low memory and sometimes cant view my photos or play my music..i have loads of space on my memory card but cant store anything on it, why's tht? can u help? how to i move stuff from my phone to my memory card?

Aaron Tilton

Jan 17, 2012, 10:39:48 AM via Website

There are two ways to go about managing apps and data on your HTC ChaCha. You can either download an app that will help you get your data under control or you can do it over the settings.

If you want to change the saving location of apps using your settings try the following:
Go to settings> applications> manage applications and then you should see a window with four tabs that show you the location of your apps and which apps are currently running. By clicking on an app you have a series of options which allow you to better manage your app including to move it to the SD card.

Managing Data using an app:
I would actually recomend you use an app to manage your data. My favorite is a super tool box and much like the name say, it's a general tool box for everything you can want to do with your phone including battery/ memory management, data management (including moving things to your SD card) and there is even a task killer if you choose to use it. If you download the app there will be a button called App2SD and Filemanager and using both will help you move files around as you see fit, much like you already do on a normal computer.

Hope that helps

Louise Raley

Jan 21, 2012, 9:55:53 PM via Website

Hi i have downloaded the super tool box but phone still isnt great...i want to be able to store my photo's and music onto my sim card rather than my phone, can his be done easily, if so how? at this rate im finding my old nokia phone alot better for storage which shouldnt be the case.

Any help would be great

many thanks

louise

Aaron Tilton

Jan 23, 2012, 5:04:01 PM via Website

Um do you mean SD Card? Because you can't save anything to a Sim card beyond numbers. It doesn't have any real memory for saving large amounts of data. If you want to use your SD card you can move files around using the file manager funtion of a super tool box (bottom left hand side of the main menu) but I think your pictures should be automattically saved to your SD card. That's where my Xperia play automatticaly saves everything.

Lacey H.

Jan 29, 2012, 12:39:29 PM via Website

I have the same problem but ive restarted my phone, took my sim card out and put it back in, ive unsynced my facebook but its still come up with the number instead of the name. Help?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jan 30, 2012, 12:41:49 PM via Website

Are all the names displaying with the numbers in your contact list?

emily mann

Apr 18, 2012, 6:55:38 PM via Website

this did not make a difference to my contacts names appearing on my messages if you have any other suggestions as to the reason and a solutuion it would be very helpful asap :)

emily mann

Apr 18, 2012, 6:57:03 PM via Website

yes all my contacts names are saved and displayed on my contact list

— modified on Apr 18, 2012, 6:57:37 PM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 19, 2012, 11:48:37 AM via Website

I HAVE THE ANSWER. Make sure that ALL area codes are up to speed with the contact names. If there are extra digits, the message will display the number, not the name.