Samsung Galaxy S — Galaxy S is Running Really Slowly

• Replies:12
Dr. Evil
  • Forum posts: 19

Jun 8, 2011, 2:25:17 PM via Website

I just got my phone about a week ago and when it's opening apps, unlocking or opening up contact lists, it takes for-ev-er.

I've only installed...
beautiful widgets
androidify
abduction
fring
es file explorer
sleep timer
pure calendar widget

Anyone know what might be going on? Are any of these apps especially draining?

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jun 9, 2011, 11:58:12 AM via Website

Have you checked if there are any other active apps running in the background?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 9, 2011, 12:22:13 PM via Website

None of those apps take up too much space, so I wonder if it might be some sort of hardware issue..

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jun 9, 2011, 12:32:47 PM via Website

Steven Blum
None of those apps take up too much space, so I wonder if it might be some sort of hardware issue..

Sure, that might be a problem as well... B)

suresh
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 8:58:38 AM via Website

Format or insttal ging 2.3.3

chris
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 2, 2011, 12:01:31 PM via Website

the official firmwares of samsung galaxy s are just a little slow, I know :( But the thing that made my phone to the phone it was ment to be is a custom rom. The thing is, I love the samsung galaxy s for the fact that we never have problems installing apps because of lack of space, our 1 or 2 gb internal memory is a freaking blast... that's whats keeping me from ever using another phone.

back to the custom rom. it sounds creepier than it really is, I'm using Darky's rom, it works a whole lot a faster,

I don't know if I can post a link but here it is

here's the gingerbread rom (gingerbread)

here's a odin install ( odin is a program, with which you can always install the official software and also can easily install custom roms easily.

just take a look at which of the two sounds more easily to you.

you can always post your questions there to help you with the install but first read it through carefully, it ain't that hard :)

the samsung galaxy s is almost unbrickable :)

— modified on Jul 2, 2011, 12:04:39 PM

LEONARDO MAZARA

Aug 19, 2011, 12:08:51 AM via Website

Dr. Evil
I just got my phone about a week ago and when it's opening apps, unlocking or opening up contact lists, it takes for-ev-er.

I've only installed...
beautiful widgets
androidify
abduction
fring
es file explorer
sleep timer
pure calendar widget

Anyone know what might be going on? Are any of these apps especially draining?

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Aug 19, 2011, 8:27:24 AM via App

Appears to be a common issue from the way it looks.

Tags Angeleyes

Aug 28, 2011, 9:46:43 PM via App

suresh
Format or insttal ging 2.3.3

Alex M.
  • Forum posts: 36

Dec 22, 2011, 11:43:37 PM via App

Every ROM has issues, due to rfs partillions that SGS ROMs are built on it is slow. The best way to increase speed of the phone is to activate "lag fix" this option will convert rfs partillion to ext4 that are faster than rfs. Availible options are Chainfire tools that work only on Cf-root kernels or Vodoo tools that work only on Vodoo based kernels.

preetygirl sunona
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 3, 2012, 10:31:54 AM via Website

The processor and ram is very poor in Galaxy S. Today the smartphone makers are coming out with much powerful battery ram and processor, the usage has become so fast that the old devices like galaxy S are very slow in performance. The galaxy S got outdated just after 6 months when it was launched, Samsung itself declared the galaxy S as an outdated device and brought S2 immediately.
So you can either stop using the galaxy S device or you can have a new mobile. I would rather suggest you without any bias that you can bring a new Nokia Lumia, its is superb and you can experience it for a lot more time, since the processors and updates are continuous in it.
This is just my opinion...

juan lee

Feb 3, 2012, 1:00:18 PM via Website

We sell as well as supply Original Brand New Unlocked mobile phones...Cameras are also available.
The Phones can additionally be set to any denunciation as default.

Edit: Personel email address not allowed

— modified on Jul 3, 2014, 8:15:52 AM by moderator

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 3, 2012, 1:02:31 PM via Website

I must admit, the first Galaxy S didnt impress me at all. If you really want it to fly, I would suggest rooting it :-D