Downloading photos received in MMS

• Replies:8
Norma Flores
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 22, 2010, 9:16:13 PM via App

I can not download any photo send to my htc hero in mms. can someone help me? I'm dying to see the ones my daughter sends me from my only granchild.

Norma Flores

Sep 23, 2010, 1:13:21 AM via App

I just did that with no results. Thanks.

Norma Flores

Sep 23, 2010, 1:23:10 AM via App

It presents this message "Download of photo was unsuccesfull", every time I hit the download button. Someone in the cellular company told me the hero isnt able to download mms photos, which I can not believe from this cell.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 23, 2010, 11:48:00 AM via Website

This thread here discusses the same problem you are having. There are two suggestions from this thread that I can give you:

1. Try to download the pictures when your Wi-Fi connection is off, as that method worked for some. If that does not work, you have one other option.

2. Make sure the pictures your daughter are sending are within the size limit for an MMS (under 1.2MB likely.)

3. Do a factory data reset of your phone after backing up your contacts on Gmail. This will return the phone's state to how it was when you turned it on the first time. The contents on your MicroSD card will not be affected. Once you have backed up the contacts and anything else off of the phone's internal memory, the phone can be safely reset. To perform a factory data reset, go to Settings / SD Card and Phone Storage / Factory Data Reset / Reset phone. A different method taken from the above thread is to "turn off the phone. While phone is off, hold the "home" and "back" buttons. Hit the "end call" button" while still holding the "home" and "back" buttons. Release the "home" and "back" buttons. A screen will appear prompting you how to reset the phone."

John Cena
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 20, 2010, 7:04:38 AM via Website

I too agree with Douglas Carter. Nice tips. :)

theinternetlies
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 13, 2011, 8:11:19 AM via Website

Hi, since I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a thread going in a forum. so... I am posting here.

I am having a similar problem, I am able to download the photos which are mms 'd to me, but I do not see them display in the message thread when the download is complete, nor do I see the photo stored anywhere on my phone. I have looked in my download and downloads folders and they are not there? I am not sure whats up.... maybe you know? this is annoying - one would think it would just work without having to make adjustments. hopefully.

I was looking in the mms settings and my text message centre # is different from my phone number - not sure if this has anything to do with the problem or not.

I also checked out the maximum message size setting and this option in my settings doesn't even exist.

Some help would be greatly appreciated as I am missing multiple photo's people are sending me. Some are relatively important.

Thanks

Cal

Velmar Actison
  • Forum posts: 1

May 9, 2013, 12:49:06 PM via Website

II think you have problem because the HTC Hero Drivers are not supported by the file type you want to download.(its my personal opinion ) .

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I deals with cell phone recycle www.tmmrecycle.com.

— modified on May 9, 2013, 12:49:42 PM

Julio Wong
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 25, 2015, 6:51:12 AM via Website

I have the same problem, and I think it's because my mobile plan has no data allowance. Sending photos on the mobile network needs data, So I only use Hangout for texting, without attachments. I ask my contacts tor send me photos via email or WhatsApp.